Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Going to pick and try one more summer.

Ok i have been using a t2 classic with little sucess. Im almost ready to give up detecting. Also been jumping around from one machine to another. Im going to pick one and get rid of all my others, i could use the money anyway. So im asking for your opinions on witch one to keep. I detect about once a month when i can. I have two t2 classics, a bh platinum, a bh land ranger pro, a fisher f 75se and a tesoro silver u max. So out of these witch one would you keep and sell the others. Oh i forgot, also have an omega 8000 v4 and an ace 250. Thank you for your thoughts.

What type of hunting do you mostly do? If it is mainly coin hunting and take what ever jewelry comes along, I would go with the Omega. They love coins. For relic hunting the F 75se. Good depth, pretty good in iron, light weight and selection of modes. The T 2 is a good one as well. HH jim tn

Since you have two T2 classics, I would ditch all others and keep one of the T2's- you seem to favor using it. I mean, you don't have enough interest left nor spend enough time for anything but cherry picking a few sites. So all you need is something with a few features to keep you from saying the heck with it all. I did this and it's kept me going in these later years. I actually chuckle at the hard core hunters who are afraid they're missing Captain Kidd's treasure by passing over some trash at a ballpark!

Jumping around to all those machines can't be good. You say you only get out once a month when you can. You listed 8 detectors. So if you switch up everytime you go out, you're using a machine once, and sometimes twice a year!

Personally, I would keep the Tesoro (if you bought it new you have a lifetime warranty). For someone that gets out once a month it's all you will ever need, and should it break years down the road, it's a free fix. But it doesn't matter. Pick one and focus.

Beware of the man who owns one gun, he probably knows how to use it. That's my philosophy and I own just one detector a F5. I'd go with the T2 just by reading post here on the forum, it's easy to use and will do what your looking for.

For me it would be the T2 without doubt,mine is one of the original green machine,it given me 1000s of hours of enjoyment and i am still learn new things all the time,as a result of this its found me some amazing finds over the years including celtic gold staters both full and 1/4 and other superb artifacts.

A detector on its own and it makes no odds how much it cost does not find anything on its own,switch it on and still it wont find anything,its the experience and skill of the operator that makes all the magic happen and not the detector making the operator a better detectorists.I am lucky that i do have other machines but these are predominantly for site specific use,but once again all these have had been used on a regular basis over the years.

If i was too chose one machine from your current arsenal of 8 detectors it would be the T2 and a smallish coil,that is of course if you only coin shoot.

jim tn said:
What type of hunting do you mostly do? If it is mainly coin hunting and take what ever jewelry comes along, I would go with the Omega. They love coins. For relic hunting the F 75se. Good depth, pretty good in iron, light weight and selection of modes. The T 2 is a good one as well. HH jim tn

Ditto on those picks.

All you who replied thank you! Some very good reasons and thoughts. I guess i enjoy reading about detecting and detectors more than i like actually doing it! I am going to keep three (just in case

Metaldetectorguydiggindeep said:
All you who replied thank you! Some very good reasons and thoughts. I guess i enjoy reading about detecting and detectors more than i like actually doing it! I am going to keep three (just in case
Exactly what I did! MX5 for serious hunts, Ace 250/sniper coil for getting close to metallic barriers, and Compadre for tiny gold in tot lots. My Compadre worked better than my Silver umax, the Ace w/sniper coil worked better around/under playground equipment, and the MX5 had EVERY feature I dreamed of to keep me from tiring associated with beep/dig.

Looks like half of my last post did not show up. Im keeping the t2 because I've never heard anything bad about them the lrp, lite affordable and performs way beyond its price point and the silver u max its the only machine to find a silver quarter for me.