Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Going to try out a bigger coil

Bucksport

I just pulled the trigger on a used NEL Storm coil that will work on my Tracker IV. I’m not looking for more depth. I’m wanting more coverage. I figure the 14” will basically make it almost as good as a clean sweep coil. A good ballfield cruising machine.

I have tested out the coil on my Tracker IV and my Time Ranger. All done inside my house. Very happy with the ID and tones. Can’t comment on any depth change yet. Have to wait until spring. If the depth stays shallow in air tests on the Tracker I will be very happy. I don’t want to dig past 4” in the places I have planned for it. I’m hoping to make this my shallow jewelry hunting machine at my school fields.

Glad to hear about the big new DD coils for the bounty hunters! Itching to try a CORS Scout for a Bounty Hunter Discovery series metal detector. It's for my Teknetics Mark 1. Both operate at 6.6 khz

That should accomplish what you want... and some extra depth too.