Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Going too a local car show tomorrow,would like some tips on best methods.

Mega

Would like some help from the more experienced folks on this forum,tomorrow is a local car show that will have about 200 cars from different sections of motoring ie custom,original rebuilds and just about everything else.

This car show is on my local village green and obviously outdoors,it will be a sunny and bright day going by the weather forecast,the camera that i will be using is the Nikon D3300 with 55-200mm lens,this is the part that i am looking for some help with is,do i just take 100s of image at random which is a big plus with digital cameras as you can junk the majority of them without cost,or would i be better doing a theme type shots ie all the high detail to say engines,bodyworks or anything and everything.

Am fully aware this seems to be a crazy post post,but as i am relatively new,i am struggling to get themes going on taking shots in this case classic cars,i have in my opinion a open canvas with the cars,decent weather and decent camera and lens well in my mind it is anyway,but i struggle with that all important theme,innovative shots rather than just the boring everyday car shots.

I have tried to layout what the scenarios is and what i am struggling with is this innovative and original shots that i could take advantage off,any help or suggestions would be most welcome,infact or do i just go out and enjoy myself and take 100s of images and just hope a few decent ones come out.

Hello Mega.

May be a polarizer will be helpful to reduce unwanted reflections.

And I'd shut off flash as this can smash some pictures.

And yes, the more images the better the chance to take some
real eye catchers.

And some times the tiny items will do it.

Have a nice and successful day.

Just keep taking pictures, don't worry about them being right.
If you have the ability to take the pictures in both jpg and raw, do it. If the .jpg's don't come out right still have a chance of editing the raws into perfect pictures.
If you have access to a 25mm lens, you may get some really nice shots....of the girls...LOL

http://www.carphototutorials.com/photographing_an_indoor_car_show_like_a_pro.html

I just rec'd a polarizer in the mail, it works great on my camera without producing weird color casts.http://www.ebay.com/itm/301897500636?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=600706818192&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT This filter is supposed to be one of the best.

Thanks too everyone for all the help,its all been very helpful,the plan is take plenty of shots from all various angles and may get the odd few that are worth saving.

Once again many thanks

Mega, you are not going to have time to adjust filters, or play with settings, while taking pictures of each car, because of the crowds at those events. Some people will hold back 5 or 6 seconds when they see you getting ready to take a picture of a car, but they don't want to wait longer than that. Other people don't care if you're trying to take a picture or not, they walk right up between you and the car and stand there and look at it, and you just have to wait for them to move if you don't want them in the picture. They have every right to do that because those cars are there for everybodqy to look and enjoy, but just be aware that in crowds you have to pre pick your angle, then be ready to shoot quick.

old lobo said:
Mega, you are not going to have time to adjust filters, or play with settings, while taking pictures of each car, because of the crowds at those events. Some people will hold back 5 or 6 seconds when they see you getting ready to take a picture of a car, but they don't want to wait longer than that. Other people don't care if you're trying to take a picture or not, they walk right up between you and the car and stand there and look at it, and you just have to wait for them to move if you don't want them in the picture. They have every right to do that because those cars are there for everybodqy to look and enjoy, but just be aware that in crowds you have to pre pick your angle, then be ready to shoot quick.

Must admit that does make alot of sense,having thought what you have said it exactly what folks do in a situation like that including myself,will have everything all setup then get ready to take action at short notice,thanks for that,its exactly what folks do at these types of events.