Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Going wireless with the Rapoo H3070

MassSaltH2O

Greetings. I always hated that earphone cable like you wouldnt believe.
I'm six ft, so I never could put my detector down anywhere without taking off my headphones.
I always had to juggle my detector in one hand while I read the user manual, or dug a hole.
It really took alot of the fun out of metal detecting.
So when I found out that I could get a complete wireless kit for about $34 US, I was all for it.
The good news: They work great! And you get quite a lot in your kit, too. The only thing missing is a 1/8" male to 1/4" plug adapter. As you no doubt know, the Xterra only accepts 1/4" phone plugs. These adapters are very inexpensive and easily obtained.
What's included in the kit:
A nice pair of comfy earphones with on/off and volume controls.
A transducer
Two cables: a battery charging cable, and a cable that you can run from your onboard transducer to your earphones you can use as a regular wired headset in the event that your battery dies.
Regarding battery life, a fully charged battery should last between 6 and 7 hours.
The transducer:
The transducer is very small. About the size of a nine volt battery. You need not velcro your transducer to your detector.
Just put on the 1/4 inch plug adapter, and plug transducer into detector headset port.
When you get home from a hunt, just pop out the little transducer and put it in your pocket for recharging at home.
You need a Windows PC or Mac to recharge the battery. Recharging the battery takes about two hours.
If you have a USB port on a tablet, you should be able to use this for recharging, although I 'm not sure about this.
The transducer has a built in rechargable battery. No batteries required.
The wires:
You get a recharging wire in this kit. One end has a standard USB plug that plugs into your PC.
The other end of the wire has a dongle wire set with PC and Apple plugs. Plug this into the transducer to charge the battery.
And as I mentioned, you also get a cable that you can run from your transducer to your headset to use as a wired headset.
The headphones are very comfy. I never even knew that I was wearing them.
The headphones are medium size, and light weight. They can be worn under a hat.
The headphones have an on/off switch, volume controls, which are only found on your better headphones.
Plus a port for that auxiliary cable I mentioned above.
One thing that does not have anything to do with metal detecting, but that I should probably mention:
If you enjoy listening to music while you work at a computer, you can wear these headphones while they are charging and still listen to music. Rapoo calls this "Dual mode".
The transducer has an on/off switch. Also has an LED that blinks red on low battery, turns red on dead battery and blinks green on charged battery.
I havent really figured out the on/off, volume switch on the earphones.
I just fiddle with it until the audio comes on. I suspect that pushing in the slider button turns the headphones on and off.
I havent really figured out the volume control. It's spring loaded and always pops back to center (on/off).
Maybe others who use these phones can brief us on the on/off, volume control.
Regarding the directions for use, there really aremt any. Just a few numbered pictures.
You get a lot in a kit. At $34 US, you could get two kits, with another charged transducer in your pocket, and a spare headset.
The headsets seem pretty sturdy tho. Flexible would be more like it.
I was concerned about the volume of these headphones.
But the volume is very good. I found myself turning down the volume on my detector.
If you are looking for an inexpensive way to upgrade your Xterra, look no further.
Of course they are not for everyone. But you might wonder why you didnt get a set sooner.
HH, Kev :crazy:
Oh, one last thing: This kit is made in China and ships from China. So dont expect to get this kit in a matter of days. More like a matter of weeks.

I have used the Rapoo for a few years. I have had 3 pairs--at times the adapter does not make great contact and the small plug on the transmitter loosens and gets to be a pain. Otherwise, they are great in hot weather as long as the contacts stay true. I bought them on-line fairly cheaply.
Andy from Hillsborough