Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold among the sea of lead

Dan(NM)

I went back to the spot where I dug my last gold ring last week and started to grid the area. I dug nothing but lead for the first 2.5 hrs ;( I moved further down and started another grid pattern. Again, lead almost every hit. Luckily nothing is deep and recovery time is just 10-15 seconds per target.

I was running the Deus 2 in General mode with 3 tones, 97 sens, recovery speed 2 and tone break set to 24 and was digging everything from there and up. There is every size and shape of lead weights and it hits solid. The lead was ranging from the low 50's to the mid 80's, so, I had to dig it.

4 hrs into the hunt, I got a solid 57, scraped about an 1" of sand off and bingo, finally a nice 10k ring. She's a 3.7 grammer with fake stones. About 30 minutes later I get solid 97 and ended up with a silver ring.

I had to empty my pouch 3 times and knew I was getting close to beating my record of 6lbs :) Sure enough, I had 9.2lbs!!! Nice thing about it, the lead is worth more than clad and I can sell it at some point.

After 6.5 hrs, I was ready to call it day. I would have stayed if I was digging a few more keepers instead of all the lead.

Attachments

• tow 4.jpg
    tow 4.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 59
  • tow 5.jpg
    tow 5.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 63
  • tow 3.jpg
    tow 3.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 67
  • tow 2.jpg
    tow 2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 69
  • tow 6.jpg
    tow 6.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 65
  • lead.jpg
    lead.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 67
  • ring 1.jpg
    ring 1.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
You have the patients of a saint. That is an incredible pile of lead 😮. You certainly earned your gold and silver on this trip!

Thanks Jimmy, you certainly have to be in the right mindset to do something that nuts :)
And I’ve done it with shotgun brass 😂 so I’m just as, if not, more nuts 😂🤣😅

And I’ve done it with shotgun brass 😂 so I’m just as, if not, more nuts 😂🤣😅
No intention of hijacking, just showing some of the brass I dug out between two large boulders near a river. I ended up finding a Buffalo nickel and a silver rosey for my efforts 😂😂😂

Attachments

• IMG_3365.jpeg
    IMG_3365.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40