Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold and Silver - Golden uMax

coindawg

Golden uMax did it's thing this weekend. Silver James Avery and 585 (14k) gold rings. The gold ring was found under football bleachers, littered with all sorts of trash but if I was hitting on nickels the odds were with me. The clad helps pay for the gas and batteries but it's all about the goodies.

Congrats! I really enjoy my Golden Micromax as well. I have only found two gold items and both were with the Golden... gotta dig those nickel tones - always!

Those are nice finds! Hunting around parks and under sports bleachers to me is the hardest type of detecting there is due to all the non-ferrous trash one encounters. I can see how a notch-type detector could help one with the odds of avoiding a lot of non-ferrous trash. Lately I started hunting some tot-lots just trying to escape most of the trash and wow...what a relief it is for my older Bandido. Children don't seem to litter near as bad as adults so I can keep my discrimination at bare minimum and enjoy the hunt. My last real jewelry finds have come from tot-lots! Only thing I don't like about hunting tot-lots is all the stares you get from people...they will burn holes in you. I never hunt them when children are there but you still get looks from the adults.

Yep, I hate that too even in parks. I hate the attention so try to go when not in use like colder times of year.
I like to be left alone when I detect some like the attention I don't. I lost most My public spots that were peaceful.

That is some very very nice work indeed. I know those finds did not come easily. I am very impressed with you and your machine great job!