Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold brass ring?

TerryEastTexas

I'm not sure what type of ring this is. It seems to me to have a brass outer ring with a gold inner ring. The inner side has 18 with two symbols that I can't make out. Were rings made of brass and gold?
100_3030.JPG

Hey Terry 18 means 18 karat which according to my wife's jeweler they don't make anymore. He said early 1900s.
But I don't know about the inner and outer part. I have a large men's band found by my dad (passed) it's 18k.
I have 3 brass bands (one found on CW site) that I'm sure used to be plated. These jewelry hounds on here would
probably know for sure. Hopefully someone will chime in! Very nice find I would say!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

HH okie

Thanks okierebel. Just curious what the emblems might have stood for.

Hey Terry 18 means 18 karat which according to my wife's jeweler they don't make anymore. He said early 1900s.
But I don't know about the inner and outer part. I have a large men's band found by my dad (passed) it's 18k.
I have 3 brass bands (one found on CW site) that I'm sure used to be plated. These jewelry hounds on here would
probably know for sure. Hopefully someone will chime in! Very nice find I would say!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

HH okie
I think the jeweler misinformed your wife about rings no longer being made out of 18k gold. There are plenty of them to be had at a price.

I found a ring a few years back and it had a funny look to it. it was definitely gold but had 2 colors. It was a Duplex ring, high karat gold over a low karat core. Mine had wore thru the covering giving it a 2 tone look. Duplex was a patented process in the late 1800's touting solid gold but had longer wear lasting qualities , probably been around a while before.
HH Jeff

I think the jeweler misinformed your wife about rings no longer being made out of 18k gold. There are plenty of them to be had at a price.
Thanks for the info George! Good to know I will ask the jeweler about that, hopefully not TOO soon.;) By the way my first name
is George too!
HH okie

Thanks for the info George! Good to know I will ask the jeweler about that, hopefully not TOO soon.;) By the way my first name
is George too!
HH okie
My middle name is George but that is what i was called except for the 20 i spent i the Navy.. My Gfrandfathers Name and my first name were the same.

My middle name is George but that is what i was called except for the 20 i spent i the Navy.. My Gfrandfathers Name and my first name were the same.
Yeah my dad's first name was George so at some point they started calling me by my middle name. For a while I thought
my first name was dammit!;)
HH okie