Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Bug 2 or Lobo ST

Get a T2 with the 5" coil, it is the best vlf ever on nuggets, remember Dave J designed the Lobo 20 some years ago and the T2 about 8 years ago, if you do get a Lobo its biggest advantage is concentric coil use, like a 6" at the beach is a jewelry pig and bottle caps dont exist because the disc on the lobo is still the best ever !
But for real the Lobo is hot but the T2 will out push it and when you hit a hot rock you geta nice BoinG !, and a nugget zips with dancing id numbers, and most bullets lock on an id number, crisp audio that you get in tune with very quickly !

I agree with Jim in Idaho, get the GB2, its chattery until you can master its controls, but it will pick out any gold down to below a grain in weight easily in gold producing areas. If you don't want chattery, get a pi, much quieter in gold country. I have both and use em both in different areas.

Not that it makes a bit of difference to some but I can't get my Tesoro lobo st to pick up a signal on a #9 birdshot at any distance, it litterly has to be rubbing against the coil to get any type of signal. On the other hand my Nokta Fors gold plus will hit on it hard out to 2" with the 5.5 x10 DD coil. Just food for thought.
I don't think there is a need for a GB2 unless you are looking for a louder hit on crumbs. The 19khz detectors are pretty dern good on the small stuff

The other thing about the 19khz detectors they will go deeper on bigger low conductive targets like gold and not affected by the mineralized soil like the GB2. The 19khz also makes a great dual purpose machine which is good because it means more practice. The fors gold plus would be a good primary nugget detector where the GB2 is a specialized machine

I've been through a lot of detectors...I've even owned several PI detectors... never owned a Tesoro....BUT there is no way I'd ever get rid of my GB2...it's the standard by which all other gold specific detectors are compared to.
That should give you a clue...and it's been around a long long time...

I hope you realize you're responding to a post from 2015?