Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Bug 2 "V" Gold Bug Pro

Bobbylikesgold

Trying to find out if this information is true :confused:

GB 2 will signal on smaller gold deeper then GBP ?
GBP will signal deeper on bigger gold then GB 2 ?

Bobby :)

Yup. Simplistic but that is the gist of it. There is a reason Fisher sells both. If the Gold Bug 2 did nothing for more money that the Gold Bug Pro could do for less nobody would buy it.

Steve Herschbach

Thanks for the confirmation Steve , as there are lots more small bits of gold out there & I don't like digging deeper then 6 inches the GB2 has my name written on it then !
I'll name it the GBB2 ~ Gold Bug Bobby 2 :beers:

Regards
Bobby.

Great! This is the thread I have been waiting for. Few words and clearly stating what sets these two apart. Have had the GB2 on my wish list for some time now and this post makes up my mind. I already own the ATG and Infinium but wanted something more sensitive for hunting small shallow color on bedrock. Does the GB2 have the ability to find the crumbs down to six inches? Also wanted something light weight for all day hunting. If I got this right looks like the GB2 will be my next toy! Thanks!!

The Gold Bug 2 will not find what I call a crumb more than an inch or two. The gold I find with a Gold Bug 2 that my Gold Bug Pro will miss is generally under a grain (480 grains per ounce) and all at maybe an inch or less. Most of it is found scrubbing a 6" coil directly in the dirt. You are not going to take a Gold Bug 2 out and pull nuggets weighing under a grain unless you are practically touching them. If you swing a coil like most people you will miss them entirely. And you always run the risk of missing larger gold a bit deeper that a Gold Bug Pro would hit.

For general detecting I would use the Gold Bug Pro and the Gold Bug 2 to hit specific areas to clean up or when on bedrock.

You have to realize no one detector does everything nugget detecting. The Gold Bug 2 is a very specific machine for a very specific task, and you have to master it to be good with it. Some people hate it. It will hit a hot rock harder than any machine made. So if you get one "cause Steve said" and hate it do not say I did not warn you.

I seriously recommend people own both a Gold Bug Pro and a Gold Bug 2. Depending on where you hunt and how you hunt eventually you may find one detector going unused. If so sell it. But so far I have had to keep both the Gold Bug Pro and Gold Bug 2.

Steve Herschbach

Steve would you agree that the Gold Bug 2 is more capable of finding fine disseminated gold in ore bodies or in hunks of quartz tailing's then the GBP . :wave:

An example could be a hunk of dirty quartz weighing 20 lbs that could contain Oz's of fine
gold dispersed & scattered through it .

Bobbylikesgold said:
Steve would you agree that the Gold Bug 2 is more capable of finding fine disseminated gold in ore bodies or in hunks of quartz tailing's then the GBP . :wave:

An example could be a hunk of dirty quartz weighing 20 lbs that could contain Oz's of fine
gold dispersed & scattered through it .

Absolutely. No doubt about it for same reasons stated, though the gold must be near the surface of the quartz. Nothing will hit a smaller piece of gold than a Gold Bug 2, except a Falcon Gold Probe. Unfortunately the Falcon has far too small an effective scan area to be of use for doing more than checking specific hand samples.

Detecting Lode Gold with the Fisher Gold Bug 2

wow! that was a great link Steve! Thanks for sharing all your knowledge! Jeesh! This stuff gets me feverish!

I have it on good authority that nugget could have been found with a $49 metal detector!

I am sorry to know we will not be meeting again at Ganes next summer.

Steve Herschbach