Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold bug and hot soil

nge

How well does the Gold bug do in extremely "hot" (mineralized) soil of S.E. Tennessee? Does it hit on all iron (mineralization) as well as bullets? Or can I hear bullets, brass and other metals while not have hits on the hot soil when I don't have a desired target under the coil? Is the Gold Bug ground balancable? Thanks in advance.......NGE

I'm not familiar with extreme ground mineralization but around here and judging by the phase numbers I get with both my Fisher F5 and F19, the ground varies from moderate to high. My F19 does well in my ground. It does better than anything else I have used so far with a DD coil. And yes, it can be ground balanced with ease.

There's a few videos on youtube (check relics1864) where the user which is a regular poster on findmall tests both the Teknetics G2+ and the F19 for depth in his rough ground and the machines seem quite capable. The Gold Bug should do just as well. Keep in mind the tests are done on coins, not on bullets, brass or other relatively low conductors.

I have a couple spots that my G2 ground balance​ was in the single digits. Rough soil for sure.