Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Bug ll Vs. SE

Ron,

Doesn't the GB II run on something like 71kHz ? I would think that machine would be better at finding the really small gold and is probably a much more 'dedicated' gold machine.

I have a GB SE on the way with both coils, and got it since I hear it works well in the wet, salt, sand ( I HOPE !). I don't think a GB II would be able to get near wet, salt, sand, but it would hunt the dry sand and find LOTS of small foil, earrings, etc. Totally guessing hear since I have never used either machine.

As you can tell, I don't hunt for 'real' gold...just gold jewelry on the beach. I hope the GB SE with the newer ground balance technology and the ability to manually adjust it , will be able to balance and hunt the wet' salt, sand. I do like some of the other features like the 2 tone ID, the readouts, light weight. If I can also park/tot lot hunt with it then it's a winner.

Sorry I can't compare it to the GBII, but will be comparing it so some of my other detectors when I take em down to the NJ beach starting next week on my vacation. Going to compare against my DFX, X3 and CZ6a in the wet sand. Going to use the DD coils on the DFX and X3 ( CZ doesn't have one) at first to try to make it apples to apples. I am sure it will work fine in the dry sand, but I am much more interested in it's wet sand abilities.

JC