Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Bug Pro --11"

goldman55

Was out today in a Local Park was in the volley ball court nets not up yet, got a hit 72-74 faint, started to dig kept digging vdi 74 pulled out a 1985 penny at just little over 11". dic set at 40 sen 90 now i don't know about you but that's pretty deep for a penny. i was using the 5" coil. The court hasn't been used since last year.

goldman55 said:
Was out today in a Local Park was in the volley ball court nets not up yet, got a hit 72-74 faint, started to dig kept digging vdi 74 pulled out a 1985 penny at just little over 11". dic set at 40 sen 90 now i don't know about you but that's pretty deep for a penny. i was using the 5" coil. The court hasn't been used since last year.

At the deeper levels the VDI will tail off and to make the signal stronger just go to all metal and see what that is you are going to dig. Nice for a 5 inch coil. What kind of soil are you in ? That's a deep penny !

Ken --

I agree totally. When I hit something deep and faint, with VDI only there occasionally or blank, I do switch to all metal. It is a much deeper mode and you can usually get a clearer hit on that deep target. And I agree with you, 11" on that zinc is impressive with the 5" coil. WOW! :surprised:

Steve

hard to believe the 5" coil will do that on that detector!..sensational!

just sayin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

all metal mode= "secret weapon!"..when used that way!
just sayin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Can be an edge :surprised: