Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Bug Pro and tid in the 40s

coindude

I have been detecting in the local parks for gold jewelry and coins. Been running in discriminate with setting at 42, and gain at 12:00 position. I have been digging many signals just to get to know what this machine is telling me. I have noticed that all signals(so far) with a tid reading in the 40s have been trash. Any body else finding this to be a true statement?
Love this machine, so light and very sensitive,. Depth readings are right on, and I found a mens gold wedding band that came in at a "locked on" 70, which is also a clad penny reading.. Better dig those penny signals!

On a Air test at 100 ----Nickel 9"

95-----Nickel 8"

80----Nickel 7"

65---Nickel 61/2

45---Nickel 5"

Penny---Dime----Q---- all right at 1" less than the Nickel

Except at 100--- They were all about 2" less except the Dime it was 3" less

The Ladies Gold Band size 61/2 was right were the Nickel was.

It was Raining had nothing else better to do.

Did the Test in Dis Mode set at 0

Yep also Gold will read 30 and up have to be careful their, 40's most foil will read in 40's Have a small piece of Gold with some Quarts in it reads 38 to 45 dep on how fast i sweep the coil over it.

Also keep in mind that a Gold Ring will read different depending on the kt----18kt 75% gold 25% alloy-- 14kt--58% gold 42% alloy--10kt--42% gold 58% alloy
and the alloy being copper and other. the more copper used you get that rose color gold---more nickel is white color gold. If it was reading in the 70's i have to guess 10kt gold or Gold Plated

What was the Gold Band kt.

Also Gold Plated will read different. more in the upper penny range

Bill

The ring is 14kt, and has 6 very small diamonds. Read a solid 70. I tested it against my own wedding band and it also reads a solid 70. Other mens wedding bands that I have found, all read from 68 to 72 in air test. Some small womens gold rings that I have found read anywhere from 32 to 37in air test. 3 are 14kt and one is 10kt. Remember, I am running in discriminate mode. I am not looking for artifacts until next summer when I can go back to Colorado ghost towns. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

My bag i got my mine set on the nickel stuff lol. your right about the rings don't know what i was thinking, Got Gold on my mine to much i guess.

Bill