Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

gold bug pro/ G-2 2 fix for silver?

vanner

Curious what this" fix" is that makes them more sensitive to silver.Where do you get this done, ...and does it make it any less sensitive to gold. looking to buy either one of these detectors ,be great to have that increased sensitivity to high conductors.

vanner --

The "fix" is already done on new G2/Gold Bug Pros. The "fix" was necessary in an early version of the machine -- which had a hard time hitting a quarter beyond 6". That is a thing of the past -- the machines now are still very hot on gold, but do real well on large silver and clad coins as well.

Steve

Mine was software version #4 was it the latest version? Mine wouldn't hardly hit a quarter at 6 inches with the 11 inch coil on it in disc mode with sensitivity wide open. In all metal it would stretch it out to about 8-9 inches tops on a US quarter. BUT it would pick up a small piece of gold about the size of an orange seed out to about 3 inches. It just didn't like high conductive things.

Hard to say...I have version 4. I do know that the ground here has a lot of iron cr-ap and using less gain does help at times to get targets.....I am still finding good numbers or coins and I am getting decent depth...in my opinion.

Daniel --

That is not right, if you are talking about air test. IF you are talking "in the ground," then soil makeup can have huge effects. But, on an air test, you should hit a quarter at 11-13" in all-metals mode...and 10-12 in disc mode.

Steve

Daniel Tn said:
Mine was software version #4 was it the latest version?
Yes, that's the latest software version for the Gold Bug Pro & DP as well as the Teknetics G2. I have the G2.

Daniel Tn said:
Mine wouldn't hardly hit a quarter at 6 inches with the 11 inch coil on it in disc mode with sensitivity wide open.
I seldom use the 11" DD coil because most of the sites I hunt with the G2 are especially trashy. the 11" just covers too many targets at one time. Instead, I keep my 5" DD mounted full-time on the G2 because it make s an excellent combination of detector & coil for those types of site challenges.

That said, I have found a 25

Tomorrow I am hoping to go detect. Hoping that todays rain softened the ground a little. I am takig the 5" coil and hoping to dig everything. If Lucky maybe I'll find a decent target or two....

my GB is on route to pay you guys a visit in the US to get fixed which is great its getting fixed "thanks Dave" but like Monte said its great in super trash and i am missing it for that hunting and have a site pegged for tomorrow but no bug doh, so if no one beats me to it will have to use my other detector anyway seems when i get excited about a site its a let down so will just mosey on down and swing slow and if i find something then that's good hey :)

i have found silver with bug beach and land V 4

I Think SW was just meant as s/w software..