Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Bug Pro Impedance 1/4" and 1/8" Jacks??

RiverJohn

Does anyone know what the impedance for the headphone jacks is? (Hope I spelled that right) Just picked up my new machine today and would like to match the headphones to the machine as close as I can. Thanks in advance. John

Higher the impedance-better the headphone-thats all I can tell you,if you look at the better headphone's the good ones range from 30ohm-300ohm?

I have grey ghost and a love them.I like them and very strong.I will not replace them until they stop working right.

I have other lower end headphones made for detecting and there horrible.Depends on your machine bounty hunter has has no vco all targets,surface and deep sound the same.

But a machinelike the vaquero has VCO so you would want very good sound to hear faint targets.

I had a pair of lower end stereo headphone for digi music-60 ohm-real sensative-made my vaquero sing.The sound was amazing even my greyghost could not compare-just made coins stand out in tone.But the build sucked and not made for detecting.There broken and gone.

The Manual does not state the impedence just that any good "stereo" phones will work. Based solely on the loudness factor it seems that headphones rated under 100 Ohms give better results matching wise. That said everyone has their own preference as to sound quality and comfort so many of the made for detector phones rated at 150 ohms or higher are popular as well.

Tom

Thank you Tom. I've got some Sunray Pro Golds that I use and there are a ton of good quality 1/8" stereo head phones around.

Hey RockPup I forgot to say thanks. I tried the Sunray Pro Golds and they worked fine. I also had a 1/8th inch set of Toshibas that are used by runners, and walkers like me, that fit behind the ears but still allow you to hear a little of the outside noise. I also tried them and they worked great. They will work real good when I'm wearing a large brimmed sun hat, and especially when the snakes are out. Thanks again you guys for the good advice. Am hoping to hit the river a little after noon on Friday. John