Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold bug pro Sensitivity question.

I got out this weekend to do some prospecting. The soil in the area I was working was between 58 and 82 on ground phase setting. I could only seem to run the GBP at about 1/3 to 1/2 sensitivity before it became too unstable. Is this normal? I dont really prospect that often with the GBP. I know its a hot detector but I thought should be able to run higher than that. I had a new battery and was running the 5 x 10 coil. No electrical in the area. No gold found, just the usial bullets and trash. Thanks

Just depends on how bad the ground is. The ground phase does not tell you that - the Fe3O2 reading gives an indication of ground mineral intensity.

Yeah I figured that. I spend more time in parks than prospecting. The Fe3O2 was pretty high most of the time. I pulled bullets and shot so I know I was doing alright. Thanks for your response.

Thanks Steve. If you ever make it out to the Amador/Calaveras area we should hook up and so some prospecting. I grew up in that area and am moving back soon.