Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Bug V2 G2 V1 comparison

godigit1

I just picked up a new G2 and as some followers of this forum know I already have a Gold Bug but the non vco model. I have been dying to compare the newer versions to mine.
Tests were done on a 8 inch nickel at varying gain settings and swapping coils between machines to eliminate variables there. Both coils 11dd performed the same and one is the fat bros version.
Initially they appear to be same in the depth category however with the G2 and the Vco response is much quieter because of the depth.
The GB non vco seems to hit the nickel at slightly lower sensitivity levels and at full volume you cant miss that nickel. G2 at lower sens settings to match GB and the nickel is a whisper.
Both are effected the same by EMI but the G2 is much quieter when encountering emi chatter. The Gold bug screams when there is chatter as the non vco response comes in at full signal strength. It appears as the Emi is in the very low end of the vco range on the G2 making it less noticeable.
Both machines are up averaging the nickel into the 70 to 83 vdi range I think because its depth.
The biggest differences I have noticed so far is the ground balance sweep speeds and control unit stability. The G2 balances at 14 points higher than the GB does though both are balanced properly. I don't know if this is a software difference or just normal from unit to unit. The G2 requires a faster sweep than the GB on deeper targets.
The control box on the G2 has allot flex to it and I can feel it in the swing and when adjusting, the gold bug has a rigid mount.
These are my initial findings but I have to spend more time in the field with both making comparisons in the real world to see witch one I want to keep as a main unit.
More to come when I get the chance especially sensitivity to small gold.
HH

Did that as stated in the second line thanks for the guidance though, any other thoughts as to tests you would like to see done or would help me to compare units please let me know.
Thanks
HH