Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Bug Warranty

i will never buy another second hand detector unless its shinny new and never been used.

lucky i brought bug new :clapping:

Buying new is not enough. You have to buy from an authorized dealer AND new. Also there are clones from overseas so make sure you don't fall for new machines advertised at a reduced rate from what looks like a real dealer. You REALLY don't want a fake from a fraud for a few bucks less! Deal with solid distributors like our sponsors. They can work with you and offer support and they won't disappear when you need answers or aid.
:thumbup:
Tom

yep your right Tom 100% agree have brought all my detectors of AD except for one and had to send it back to get fixed will end up costing me more than a new one DOH :nopity: but a valuable lesson for me and maybe someone else?

For the most part the main thing that fails on the GB2 is the toggle switches. But I once did have an issue with the audio jack, it was a broken solder connection, I fix that by re-soldering it.

I purchased toggle switches from Mac's Electronics in San Bernardino, CA. When Fisher Lab was based in California I took the machine to them and it took them a couple of hours to replace the toggle switches.

The next time one of the switches fouled I cleaned it until it and when they needed to be replaced I did that myself. The coil will eventually crack; a cracked coil will allow water and dirt to get inside. I sealed those cracks with epoxy. So IMO you really don

got you now Ant your using the gold bug 2 not gold bug pro which would now make things a bit clearer :) great stash you got there! would say you earned each and everyone using the gold bug 2 at that 71kHz it must be a challenge with small foil and can slaw so hats off from me you deserve every bit of gold you find!!

well done :clapping: