Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Chain in wet salt water sand

Carter NY

Tested 4 machines at low tide in wet salt water sand. I used a 14K gold chain; only one of the four machines heard it.....

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB2hlVdYZ3w[/video]

I got this very fine gold necklace this summer, and it also had a clasp at one end. What I don't know is how it presented itself to the coil.....coiled , straight or mixed.

Hi Carter...

I have watched several of your test vids and really found them interesting ... Including this one at the beach.
The trench vids have revealed some unexpected results as well...Thanks for all the time you put in making them!
I for one will be looking for more as I am one of your subscribers....

Cheers Carter,

Tye

Yea I saw your vids too Carter...good job man! Garrett needs to fasten their 10x14" mono coil to that ATX to hit that missing zone the TDI Pro gets with it's 12" mono. They both equal 24 sq inches. So it would be equal most likely.

BK

Thanks for kind words Tye and BK. I was at the beach today for few hours since it broke freezing (34 is good enough :detecting:) Now I have the ATX going about as deep as the TDI Pro; I'll be posting the video later tonight and show the "trick" for making it go deep in wet salt water sand.

Carter

Thanks Carter...I think a lot of folks will benefit from your next video on slightly de tuning the BG !

Cheers,

Tye

Glad you mentioned the new video about not ground balancing the ATX to the wet, salt sand for greater depth.

Wonder if the ATX hits that clasp on the fine gold chain harder without being ground balanced ( since you state in the video you had the ATX ground balanced). I like how the ATX pin points ( both with and without the pin point button). I am used to using the 10x14 mono on my Infinium, but only for beach hunting so I get close and use a wide scoop without any problems.

Thanks for the videos...especially the new one showing how the ATx goes deeper without ground balancing.