Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Chain setting for park hunters??

AZWIP

Howdy folks, am still learning this machine, even though I have had it for a while...

Am trying to figure out the best settings for going after Gold chains??

I don't mind digging and am mostly a park hunter.

So, with that in mind, any suggestions appreciated. Goal is to hit my hunted out parks (lol) and hunt the ever elusive gold chains with the XP Deus.

Also, I am currently running version 3.2 (it's 3.2 I think... it definitely not the 4.0... which leads to.... would I better off to go to 4.x to go after park gold chains???).

As always, thanks for any and all suggestions etc.

Ron F.
----------

Architex is right... the higher frequencies are the best.
If you don't have the HF coils then 18 would be best.
Chains are tough due to the small footprint and trashy signal they produce.
Even a balled up chain will give a trashy scratchy signal that is often passed on.
The few chains I've found were using Deus fast adjusted to the site I'm hunting.
I haven't updated to V4 so I'm not sure if that will make chains any easier to hit.
So...
Disc.. < 8
Full tones
Sen... 86
TX.... 2
Freq.. 18K
Iron......0
Reac...2-3
Sil.......-1
Audio.. 4
Notch... 0
G. Bal.. -1 or -2
G. Notch... 75-90

This can drive you nuts in a trashy park.
but if you slow down and listen to those tones and do a bunch of digging it will come to you and the digging will lessen and the finds will increase.
Good luck

Thanks folks, I appreciate the advice and suggestions. I don't (yet, lol) have the HF coil... reckon I'll need to research same.. sounds interesting... I'll compare some of your settings too what I have been running, can't recall what they are off hand...
I do know I run the frequency at 18K... so at least seem to be on the right track, thanks!
GBal has been default of 90, have not tried anything else in that area. I do like the full tones or pitch, I doo recall I set Iron to 0, and usally run disc at 6 or less, often I think at zero... don't recall the other settings.

Thanks again this is helpful.... it has found its share of gold, but not yet a chain (at least not yet with this machine, which is one of my top 3 favorites so far), of course I may have just ignored the weaker signal, but I usually will try to dig it all...

Thanks again and I'll compare settings and try some things based on same. I appreciate the help folks.

Ron F.
-----------

Stay away from "Pitch" as it will not discriminate ferrous from non-ferrous. The pitch changes only with target intensity IE: distance to target

Good point, but I could use pitch and the ID to determine ferrous/non-ferrous true? In essence not dig anything with an ID of 20 or less, yet keep disc as 0 ?