Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Chains in wet salt water sand

Carter NY

After quite a bit of trial and error, I think this combo will product results. Found one tiny clasp from a gold chain while running fairly stable in the wet sand.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPttU-d55TY[/video]

Nice video. It is a trade off; finding all the tiny bits of aluminum but also giving you a chance at finding the small chains. Thanks for put up the video.
Cheers,
tvr

If you really want to test for a gold chain stretch it out and see if your detector can pick it up. Mind can I use a sand shark with a 8 inch coil.

With the rope chain I used, the signal is the same whether in the baggie or stretched out. What its actually picking up are the clasps. In the next video, I'll show it out of the baggie.

The Sand Shark is a PI machine which goes much deeper than the G2 but will it pickup small gold chains in wet salt water sand? I'm not sure what you mean by "Mind can I use a sand shark with a 8 inch coil".

Carter whats your opinion on the difference between the stock 5" and the nel 5"?

Ive only tried one nel coil, the sharpshooter on my etrac, and its a nice coil comparable to the coiltek joey but waterproof.

Thanks for the vid,

Neil

Neil,

I have not tried the factory 5" vs the NEL 5" in wet salt water sand. I should be receiving the factory 5" coil in a couple of days and will do a comparison soon.

I agree with you; I also like the sharpshooter and the fact that you can submerse it..

Carter

Neil said:
Carter whats your opinion on the difference between the stock 5" and the nel 5"?

Ive only tried one nel coil, the sharpshooter on my etrac, and its a nice coil comparable to the coiltek joey but waterproof.

Thanks for the vid,

Neil

Hi Carter

I tried using the large stock elip coil at a salt water beach but had to lower the gain so much to make it quiet I don

You are correct, the stock 11" is difficult to use in the wet salt water sand. The salt water is conductive and the large coil is seeing too much of it.....so the gain has to be set very low to even operate.

I used the NEL 5" coil in discriminate at 50-55-% gain in the video and it was fine. When I went higher, it started to false.

Someone sent me the stock 5" coil for testing vs the NEL coil and I should have a comparison video completed this week.

I was able to do the side by side comparison today. Both coils were workable on the wet salt water sand which is good news! I give a slight edge in depth and stability to the NEL coil but either one is going to work.

[video]http://youtu.be/_BDUutW7IUM[/video]

Thats interesting that you ran the gain at 50% in disc with the small coil and it ran fine, I ran mine at almost 1% gain in disc with an 11in coil and it was quiet also. Does that mean you get half the coverage and more depth, I get twice the coverage and less than half depth, either way not very productive at the wet part of the beaches