Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Chains

Gold chains are tough for most machines, look at the YouTube videos on metal detecting gold chains. With that said, Tesoro makes an entry level machine, the Compadre, that is amazing at hitting chains and small gold. It will also operate closer to metal fences than most other machines. The Compadre sells for about $160 new. Go with the 5.75 coil for gold chains.

mascard1 said:
How about the F70?......It has a weird setup

It will work.
It can find some pretty tiny targets, even with the thresh down deep into the next negative numbers.
Large chains and decent sized clasps should be no problem, if you want the best shot at finding the real small stuff like the small clasps in my gold chain pic the sniper coil will be your best tool.
All metal would be my first choice, hunting in disc would work but at very low settings is the way I would do it, 0 or my favorite 1.
Monotone is my best setting for picking through trash to find coins and jewelery.

Oldguy said:
Gold chains are tough for most machines, look at the YouTube videos on metal detecting gold chains. With that said, Tesoro makes an entry level machine, the Compadre, that is amazing at hitting chains and small gold. It will also operate closer to metal fences than most other machines. The Compadre sells for about $160 new. Go with the 5.75 coil for gold chains.
And the key, as one poster said, is these tiny chains don' usually sink all that deep, if without a heavy attachment.