Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

gold coin found with the Deus

hamdit

i found this coin on a pasture field here in Holland, i wanted to share this with you all.
it was found a few months back

coin = Spain, Carlos I and Juana gold 1 escudo ND (1516-56) Seville mint

VDI was 55 on 12Khz (gm power)

i found more than 80 silver coins in 10 months, 15 of them are hammered.
i will show them another time when i mage some good pic's

this gold coin is going to Paris soon for certification.(PCGS)

That is one beautiful coin you have there . . . . . truly a "one of a kind" find!

What was at the site you found it at . . . . . do you have any idea what was there at one time?

Andy

the site has no history but a dump site (as we call it) old city ground and dumps from cesspools from mid century till 1900.
i have permission on big fieds varying from 1500 till 1900 .
most fields are 1850 ish. the deeper you go the older you get on those fields, the 15-1600 fields didnt need any more topping so they left it that way.
its amazing what can be found there.
here are some early pictures (now i have way more)

the Deus does one hell of a job here, not many machines can handle these sites, i truly can chery pick out these stuff, of course i dig junk too but junk/no junk ratio is worth it :)
there is allot of masking from iron and hot-rocks or cokes that it took me some time too tune and learn the tones but believe me it is the best machine for me to go there,

WOW what a great site that must be.
Amazing finds...
That last picture tell the TRUE story of the power of the DEUS!!

HH

Nice dig Hamdit. When my son lived in Holland, I used to visit and hunt the tulip fields with a friend of mine. We were pulling coins from the 1500's, 1600's and 1700's, and he was calling the 1700's coins "new" coins. LOL

Again really nice find!

the dutch hammereds are from 17th century till about 18th century.
i mostly find around 1850 and on a good site earlier, all above 1850 isnt fun indeed :)

hamdit said:
i found this coin on a pasture field here in Holland, i wanted to share this with you all.
it was found a few months back

coin = Spain, Carlos I and Juana gold 1 escudo ND (1516-56) Seville mint

VDI was 55 on 12Khz (gm power)

i found more than 80 silver coins in 10 months, 15 of them are hammered.
i will show them another time when i mage some good pic's

this gold coin is going to Paris soon for certification.(PCGS)

WOW, that is so nice!!! Awesome coin... thanks for sharing and making us US folks mouth water. :)