Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold coins found in Kentucky

BigTony

Cool bunch of coins found but to me something doesn’t seem right or might be incomplete story.

If not allowed than please go ahead and remove it.

Tony NJ

There is another post on here called Civil War gold found, there is a shorts youtube video of the guy digging it up. I have a feeling the goverment took control of his finds/gold.

There is another post on here called Civil War gold found, there is a shorts youtube video of the guy digging it up. I have a feeling the goverment took control of his finds/gold.
I didn't realize the website I got that video from on the other thread was from a place called govmint, and not gov. mint. It tricked me, oops. I guess they are a reputable coin dealer, as in they sell legit coins, but also seem to have a reputation for using deceitful marketing.

I didn't realize the website I got that video from on the other thread was from a place called govmint, and not gov. mint. It tricked me, oops. I guess they are a reputable coin dealer, as in they sell legit coins, but also seem to have a reputation for using deceitful marketing.
Is govmint part of the government, for some reason I was thinking they were. If they were going to slab every 1 of them coins & sell them, to me it seems as the government seized his finds/gold coins from him & are trying to get every red cent they can from them coins. Then maybe the government might give the finder a few bucks for his discovery. Really this story to me seems like there is something not being told. I'm curious as to more of this story, but there is not much out there as in info. Thanks.

Is govmint part of the government, for some reason I was thinking they were. If they were going to slab every 1 of them coins & sell them, to me it seems as the government seized his finds/gold coins from him & are trying to get every red cent they can from them coins. Then maybe the government might give the finder a few bucks for his discovery. Really this story to me seems like there is something not being told. I'm curious as to more of this story, but there is not much out there as in info. Thanks.
That's what I was thinking too at first, before I realized. Govmint has no goverment affiliation, unlike the real website gov. mint.

We've all heard/read the stories over the years of the US and state governments seizing finds like this with only a pat on the back and a humiliating blurb in the news as compensation. By now, if people don't know how to keep mouth shut, they deserve to lose the discovery.

We've all heard/read the stories over the years of the US and state governments seizing finds like this with only a pat on the back and a humiliating blurb in the news as compensation. By now, if people don't know how to keep mouth shut, they deserve to lose the discovery.
Yep I would have secretly sold about a 100 coins, then went & buried the rest for someone else to find 100 years from now after I was dead & gone.

Yep I would have secretly sold about a 100 coins, then went & buried the rest for someone else to find 100 years from now after I was dead & gone.
Eggzakly !!!

I'm dreamin' corn fields

Any friends in Kentucky want to chime in?