Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Coins

oldmoney

I know that gold shows different TID's for different karat rated jewelry because of the different metals that are mixed in. But I am assuming that gold coins are, for the most part, all made of the same composition. That being said, has anyone on here found a gold coin? and what were the numbers reading? The reason I am asking is because a friend of mine recently informed me that the previous owner of his house was rumored to have buried a cache of gold coins in the yard. He apparently was a "gold coin hoarder". When he died over 20 years ago he had over $30,000.00 in gold coins stashed around the house. Whether or not he actually did bury any in the yard, we may never know, but I sure am going to try to find them. Any help would be appreciated.

If someone told me that there was a possibility of a cache of gold coins, I would first approach it by looking at likely places where someone might hide them i.e. chicken coop, outhouse, root cellar, under tree's, fence post's, behind a loose brick in a garden wall or figure etc;. There are some great tips in some M.D. books regarding likely places that may hold caches. That being said, if the cache is buried in a metal/plastic/wood container and in the ground, I doubt that if you swept a metal detector over it, it would give you an i.d. that a single coin whether gold or silver metal composition. It would probably give you an overload signal and I would be looking for an overload readout more than a single coin i.d. I have silver coins buried in the ground but beyond the reach of metal detectors!