Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

gold coins

Raoul

Gold coins, it took me 20 years before i found my first one 1882 Sydney mint half Sovereign scarce date worth around $12,000.00 then 2 weeks later i was doing a country racecourse and up pops another one. Only bullion value on that one.Man what a buzz.

:thumbup: Raoul

Raoul,
Congratulations. I have dreams of finding one too.

What VDI number do the gold coins give.

Thanks,
billm :ausflag:

28 same as a pulltab, the first coin i was lucky my mate and i had just finished detecting an old farm site, we had found a few old penny's and halfpenny's some in the 1800's we decided to call it quits and head back to the car, my mate switched his detector off and i decided to keep mine on. In the middle of a huge stretch of bare land i get this signal it comes up as 28 which i knew was a pulltab but i decided to dig it up as it was the only signal that i had got while walking back, the car was parked a good half hrs walk away. Well it was 5 inches down i saw this gold colour and thought it was foil, i nearly shit my self when i saw it was a gold Sov.
The other one i found a few weeks later at a country horse racing track which dated back to the early 1900's and i made sure i was digging the pulltab signals,would have dug 15 when up comes the half Sov.
Now i'm hoping to find a full Sov somewhere,they register as 30.

:pulltab:dig them Raoul