Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold cube question

hawgdawg

I've been getting interested in looking or gold , I'm looking into a Gold cube , in the NC area , would you recommend a 3 or 4 tray cube ? What are the advantages or disadvantages to the 3 or 4 tray systems ? Would you run material thru a sluice before the cube or could you just run the material thru a sifter ? I'm thinking of getting one of those sucker tubes to just hit a few areas around some creeks and then take the material home to run it thru the cube . Thanks for any info you could give .

Hi hawgdawg, I have a friend that has the 4 stack, and it dose very good on keeping the small gold. I think a 3 stack would work just as good, don,t find much in the bottom tray. If you see alot of gold in the last tray, just reclassified and run it through again. It runs dirt very fast, a 5gal. bucket in about 5 min. He dose classifies to 1/4' before he runs his. I have panned after he run it and have never found any that it missed. If i get one i think i will just get the 3 stack. Good luck Flintstone

Sounds like some of the answers i'm looking for , thanks for the info , I'm just looking to get one before spring , What would the advantages of a sluice be over the cube , if any ?

Good ol'sluicebox works just fine. No pump/engine/gas/noise/stink and just as good recovery without all the bs. Convalution is NOT the solution and not nuttn' to haul in and out. Some folks just gotta have all the new goldfarbs but they end up at the swap for a few bucks. John

I have been doing some reading on the Gold Cube as well. If your gold is fine, like we have up here on the Fraser River in British Columbia, then my understanding is, you will catch 98% of all the gold entering the Cube. I am not sure how a regular in stream sluice would compare to the Cube, but up here, we can't use one in our streams. I don't know how much of the fine gold would escape the bank end of say an A52 Keene. I am teettering on getting a gold cude myself this year.

I have seen the videos and read the research on the gold cube and it seems like a really cool setup but I've never used one myself. I use a 3' Jobe sluice with a wider stream flare and I love it...easy to set up and run and I catch some very fine gold. I like to pack around as few parts as possible! For Christmas this last year my dad got me a Bazooka Gold Trap sluice, and I've only gotten to try it once but it's looking like a very cool tool. They have a built in grizzly setup so I can leave my 1/4" classifier at home and process twice the material or more in the same amount of time, and it uses a fluid bed design instead of riffles and carpet so clean outs take a matter of seconds. I found some small specks of gold on my first use and I'm excited to keep using it to see what it can really do.

I still want to get a sluice for the creeks , out in the field work , I was mainly interested in the gold cube for home use , unless I can feel comfortable using it out in the field . Like Hoser John says , I dont want to be hauling unnecasary equipment out in the field