Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold detector and sluice plans

Justin E

I'm wondering what a good prospecting detector is. I'm looking at a G2 or AT Gold. What's your thoughts?

Also, does anyone know where I can get some plans to build my own sluice box?

I don't have a lot of experience with gold detectors , but as far as sluices go I've used store bought and ones I made and they both work fine , but IMO I would just buy one because by the time you build one you'll have almost the same money in it . This is just my opinion .

Ok, only reason I ask, I'm one of those diy'ers. Heck, I wanted a mandolin to play, so I started studying how to build them and have tried twice.

This page has a link to DIY equipment, http://nevada-outback-gems.com/prospect/chris_prospect.htm

A search on gold prospecting equipment plans will find you many more.

Hi,
regarding the AT Gold detector.
I was at the July Goanna Muster about a fortnight ago & the AT Gold was demonstrated. A small piece of gold about 1mm square, was place on a small house tile & this was then placed on top of some moderately mineralised soil in the middle of the Stuart Town common which was one of the biggest gold mining areas of NSW in Australia.
Using the ALL METAL mode, the coil was waved across the top of the tile (about 1"above it) & the AT Gold screamed. There was no doubt at all about the detector picking up the gold. Just to prove it, the gold was removed & nothing was detected. The gold was replaced & once again - a very loud & clear signal. (The AT Pro running the 4" sniper coil had very similar results but the AT Gold was the best)
The surprising thing was when the BIG BIG - MOST EXPENSIVE detectors were fired up at the same target. Not a whimper was heard from them when they were waived across the target at any setting.
However, the AT Gold was struggling when a 2.2gram nuggett was burried about 8 inches down in that type of soil. Naturally the big detectors had no problems with that nuggett.
I trust this has been of some help.

PS: If you really was to try the AT out, try taking it & one of the oppositions big $6000 detectors snorkelling @ the 10ft underwater level & see who finds the gold!