Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

gold finds from summer/fall 2015

goldseeker4000

Here are some finds of gold to let all who use the 705 know just how well the 705 does on gold nuggets. The pick of the gold quarts specimens on the scale were found in a total time of two hours. The larger nugget next to the loupe weighed 1.5 pennyweight. I was using the 6" HF DD coil.

very nice where from I mean what state.
I plan on using my 705 for gold to ...in AZ

If you don't already have the 6" HF DD and the 15" HF DD, I would highly recommend getting these two coils. You need these two coils for best results.

I am doing both , nugget and coin.
I am a member of a local club that has several claims in the Gold Basin area...close to Meadview AZ.
So far I have a elliptical 18.75khz coil and a CONCENTRIC 7.5 COIL.
Looking at a larger 18.75 coil right now.

:clapping: Great finds GS4K!
You're a testament to how versatile and capable the XT-705 is.

:beers: Here's to an impressive 2016! GL & HH!

So where are you from Bill? Do you live in Idaho or Montana? I live in Kalispell MT. I'm always looking for other coin and nugget shooters to go detect with if you are close. I rarely divulge that sensitive of information of where I find my nuggets at. But if you are close and want to go detect, perhaps after getting to detect with you I will take you to my guarded areas to detect for nuggets. How long have you been using the 705? I have been using the 705 since spring of 2009. I have found way more gold with it than I did with my gpx4000.

New 705 user , what depth and sensitivity do you get with the 6" DD 18.75khz coil.
I have a 9" 7.5 concentric and a 5x10 18.75.
Thinking I might want the smaller coil to....will be hunting in AZ Gold Basin area. mostly placer gold.
Thanks

Hello azdigger,. It would be very beneficial for you to get the 6" DD HF coil. Most of my gold finds have come from this coil. I have found flakes as small as just under 1 grain in weight. Also get the coiltek 15" DD HF coil. I can get a cosistant signal on a 1 3/4 oz. Nugget at 24" set at around 21-22 sensetivity and feeler set at 30. I have been using this detector si 've spring of 2009. And you? Send me a private message with your phone number and I will be glad to share with you all tips and knowledge I have learned about the 705. Reese

Those are some great finds. I need to wipe the drool off my mouth now.