Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold from the clay

Water wizard

Hi guys, managed to get to the beach for a couple of hours today, the tide was so low, I've only seen it that low a few times! I got down to the low water line and started hunting, not much to report, so I decided to try the clay pools that have formed. Found a few coins in the deepest ones and a few people came up to see what I was finding. I headed back along the beach and then I started coming in with the tide. Not many signals to be found. My battery pod started to die, (I hope my attempt at fixing the transformer has worked, I miss my rechargeable packs) and then after 10 minutes I got a decent, but quiet signal. These often turn out to be small bits of tin from cans, whitch are very hard to actually see in the wet sand. I dug it and checked the hole, the target was in the scoop. I tipped it out and went over the pile of clay and shingle with my exclibur. The signal was much loader and crisp, a good sign! I split the clay up and in the last chunk there was a ring :) I cleaned it off in a pool and saw that it was an old 9k signet ring.
A nice way to end the hunt, and gold from the last 2 outings, so I'm on a roll! 4 decent rings in 30 hours this week, it's been hard work, but I love it!

Nice one WW, glad to see youre on a roll now :thumbup:
i'll have a dig around see if I can find you my old transformer, I use an Accucell charger nowadays as recommended by the guys on here.
If its your rechargeable battery on its way out, you can get replacements from here
Theyre about

Nice find on the gold. Hope I can find some before too much longer. Went to the river today for 2 hours, but my At/Pro acted up and I came home. I think it fell against my sifter and got some water in the battery compartment, but I couldn't see anything and went thru the detector to no improvement. I was tired anyway.

Sorry to hear that your hunt was messed up. On the day Neil and I went hunting he also had a battery issue, but it was only moisture in the battery pack, and he managed to fix it. It really can mess everything up. Hope you get it sorted, It look like I've got my batteries charging again, fingers crossed for you:)