Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Kruzer - 15.5" x 13" DD Search Coil?

lloyd0161

I have the Gold Kruzer with three of the four coils offered. I recently added the 9.5" x 5" DD. Even though my primary reason for buying the Gold Kruzer is not coin hunting, this coil immediately opened up my depth capability on deep coins. Actually, this detector has done better than any other of my detectors at ferreting out deep wheat pennies that are mixed in with iron nails. I have found at least a dozen coins that were not picked up by my Teknetics T2 using both the stock 11" elliptical and the sniper coil and a Tesoro Tejon. Also, a Minelab Explorer SE. When I got the Gold Kruzer the yard finds were immediate and plentiful going over the same areas as the other detectors. My yard is not that big and my house dates back to the 1930's. Oldest wheat so far was 191? as the date was worn; maybe 1914. Most of these have been at around 8 plus inches deep with the depth showing only one bar or no bars. Some have actually had a rusty old nail or two in the same hole. The ID has read 82ish with some reading in the 70's due to the mixed signal with iron. So if I hear an iron grunt next to the high ringer digging has generally revealed a copper coin at good depth.

So my question is; will adding the larger 15.5" x 13" DD coil show any significant improvement on finding deep coins or will the size actually mask coins with the iron junk? Anyone had any experience with this coil? With this being a DD maybe not such an issue. A lot of the other models and brands super detectors supply a larger coil as stock somewhere around 11 inches or so in size. However, the 15.5" x 13" coil is a bit larger than these. Where is the break point in size versus general use? Will this very large coil be for mostly junk free areas or cache hunting, etc.? I know there should be deeper coins in my yard and I have not found any silver yet. I have found a couple war nickels though. Given the amount of wheat pennies there should be silver as well. Maybe just slightly out of reach.

I tried to find a review of this coil but there is simply not that much on the Gold Kruzer or its coil options.

I don’t have the GK40 coil. Theoretically it should go deeper because of larger size. That depends on soil mineralization and ground noise. If you have mild soil it may go a bit deeper but at the risk as you said of less separation and more possible masking. I would possibly use it for the gold fields where targets are more spread out generally if the soil was not too mineralized. In bad mineralization I usually go to smaller DD coils and bring my GPX4800 for the deep stuff. A 61kHz VLF can only go as deep as mineralization will allow no matter how big the coil is.

You could go to Nenad’s Aussie Phase Technical site and ask the same question there.

Jeff

Thanks for the input Jeff!