Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Kruzer

The threshold based all metal Gen mode is good. It has pitch adjustment for the VCO tone, manual and automatic ground balance, threshold volume control, self adjusting threshold settings for tricky ground and full, accurate VDIs. I like it especially for gold prospecting.

Like many really modern high gain detectors, the discriminated Boost mode is actually just a bit deeper than the threshold based all metal mode in my testing. It is one tone VCO with single segment discrimination. It is less stable in bad ground and needs a slower swing speed.

The Fast mode works great for a VCO discrimination mode in thick trash or on shallow, tiny nuggets in bad ground. It has really fast recovery speed.

My only cons for the three modes mentioned so far is there is no iron audio possibility in Boost and Fast although discrimination can be set up to break up iron signals with a little practice. The threshold based all metal mode has no adjustable discrimination whatsoever, just straight VCO audio, a speedometer scale and actual VDIs.

Micro is for micro jewelry especially gold jewelry but it also works well for 6" or less deep coins, relics and gold nuggets. It has a high tone, mid tone and an adjustable tone break for the low iron tone along with low tone independent volume control. All three tones can have their pitches raised or lowered to suit ones hearing.

The Micro mode is what ultimately sold me on this detector along with submersible waterproof, wireless audio on land, internal rechargeable batteries, big VDI numbers on the backlit display and its built like a tank. Four coils including one concentric coil are available so far. It has a depth meter, mineralization meter, pinpoint function, volume adjustment, save settings, frequency shift and an extra underground depth setting for the Fast, Boost and Micro modes along with audio boost for especially deep targets in All metal mode. The wireless headphones work extremely well and are the most comfortable ones I know of. An accessory audio adapter cable is available for the wired headphones of your choice and waterproof Nokta Makro submersible headphones are also available.

So, I already mentioned that iron audio is only available in Micro mode which to me is a mistake. It should also be available in Fast and Boost. Also, there is no notching whatsoever on the Gold Kruzer which also is a mistake in my opinion in the discrimination modes. There is a masking function for these modes when encountering hot ground or hot rocks but being able to just notch out a single VDI for a hot rock or certain type of iron target would be much more effective. This detector is not recommended for wet salt sand or submerged salt water hunting due to its really high frequency operation.

For a prospector in moderate to highly mineralized ground, this 61 kHz detector will easily get the job done and all four modes will do very well when prospecting so lots of tools are available.

For jewelry hunting either on dry land or in fresh water, again you have four modes to work with that are all different but work great.

For shallower relic hunting in heavy iron trash, this detector in Fast, Micro or all metal works great.

Since you have full numerical target Ids in every mode, this detector is also a great shallow coin shooter.

I have an Equinox that is my first choice for prospecting, coin and jewelry and deep relic hunting. For shallower coin and jewelry hunting or targets in thick iron trash, I pull out the Deus. However, in really bad weather or submerged, and for micro jewelry, I always pick the Gold Kruzer and I have never had any problem with it.

Last edited:
Thank you for your in depth review of the different modes. Having relocated to Idaho 3 years ago I’ve become more interested in tiny yellow rocks 😍 and jewelry more than old coins in the southeast US. There are a few old coins laying around to still be had here as well. The 6” coil for my Nox should be here first of this next week so guess I’ll see if I can scratch it up a little while the water level is low here around Boise.
Happy Hunting!

The threshold based all metal Gen mode is good. It has pitch adjustment for the VCO tone, manual and automatic ground balance, threshold volume control, self adjusting threshold settings for tricky ground and full, accurate VDIs. I like it especially for gold prospecting.

Like many really modern high gain detectors, the discriminated Boost mode is actually just a bit deeper than the threshold based all metal mode in my testing. It is one tone VCO with single segment discrimination. It is less stable in bad ground and needs a slower swing speed.

The Fast mode works great for a VCO discrimination mode in thick trash or on shallow, tiny nuggets in bad ground. It has really fast recovery speed.

My only cons for the three modes mentioned so far is there is no iron audio possibility in Boost and Fast although discrimination can be set up to break up iron signals with a little practice. The threshold based all metal mode has no adjustable discrimination whatsoever, just straight VCO audio, a speedometer scale and actual VDIs.

Micro is for micro jewelry especially gold jewelry but it also works well for 6" or less deep coins, relics and gold nuggets. It has a high tone, mid tone and an adjustable tone break for the low iron tone along with low tone independent volume control. All three tones can have their pitches raised or lowered to suit ones hearing.

The Micro mode is what ultimately sold me on this detector along with submersible waterproof, wireless audio on land, internal rechargeable batteries, big VDI numbers on the backlit display and its built like a tank. Four coils including one concentric coil are available so far. It has a depth meter, mineralization meter, pinpoint function, volume adjustment, save settings, frequency shift and an extra underground depth setting for the Fast, Boost and Micro modes along with audio boost for especially deep targets in All metal mode. The wireless headphones work extremely well and are the most comfortable ones I know of. An accessory audio adapter cable is available for the wired headphones of your choice and waterproof Nokta Makro submersible headphones are also available.

So, I already mentioned that iron audio is only available in Micro mode which to me is a mistake. It should also be available in Fast and Boost. Also, there is no notching whatsoever on the Gold Kruzer which also is a mistake in my opinion in the discrimination modes. There is a masking function for these modes when encountering hot ground or hot rocks but being able to just notch out a single VDI for a hot rock or certain type of iron target would be much more effective. This detector is not recommended for wet salt sand or submerged salt water hunting due to its really high frequency operation.

For a prospector in moderate to highly mineralized ground, this 61 kHz detector will easily get the job done and all four modes will do very well when prospecting so lots of tools are available.

For jewelry hunting either on dry land or in fresh water, again you have four modes to work with that are all different but work great.

For shallower relic hunting in heavy iron trash, this detector in Fast, Micro or all metal works great.

Since you have full numerical target Ids in every mode, this detector is also a great shallow coin shooter.

I have an Equinox that is my first choice for prospecting, coin and jewelry and deep relic hunting. For shallower coin and jewelry hunting or targets in thick iron trash, I pull out the Deus. However, in really bad weather or submerged, and for micro jewelry, I always pick the Gold Kruzer and I have never had any problem with it.
Dude that’s a fantastic write up. Nice!