Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold medallion??

gabbyhayes

Found this on the beach last summer and almost threw it out.
My wife was going through my old finds and said it feels heavy.
I double checked on my V3I and it says gold??? 34 VDI and the analyze screen comes up strongest on 22.5 Khz.
Also nice camel hump.
Anybody have some sense what the insignia is?
It is about the size of a penny. It was on a cheap chain

Don't know what it is, but it looks like it has a whitish color to it.
So my WAG would be pewter or lead.
Just a guess...
have it tested.

HH

I took the medallion to a goldsmith and he confirmed that the medallion was 10k gold and weighed 10 gr.
I still have no idea what it represents but maybe google will spit out some ideas.???

A person that I showed the coin to thought the insignia near the hole might be a "flor de lis"
So maybe some sort of french origin??
Other than that no luck trying to come up with an answer.
I've also posted on other forums without success.
After searching images on Google, the closest resemblance was to an old Celtic coin about 2000 years old but I doubt it is.
This is one of the reasons I love this hobby.... A person actually does find treasure once in a blue moon ....along with all those pull tabs and bottle caps.