Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Nugget Hunting.... What setting do you use?

Joe Z

I will be out in the dry highly mineralized desert of Arizona with the xterra 705 and i have two coils to use; The 5x9 Ellipical HF DD and the 6" HF DD. I plan on using the ellipical to cover more ground and then switch over to the 6" when in noisy area's...... Some tell me to put it in prospecting mode and dig all signals but others have said to put it in coin/relic and all metal with nothing notched out and dig all signals. I realize this is not a PI type detector and have heard it does a pretty good job for a VLF....... What mode do you set yours up when nugget hunting?_____ Any and all help good or bad is appreciated.
Joe

You can have success in either Coin/Treasure or Prospecting. Keep in mind that the Coin Treasure mode will provide TID information. But also keep in mind that the TID of gold nuggets will vary with the size and purity. Prospecting mode does not provide TID, but does offer an element of Iron Mask. That might come in handy if your area is highly mineralized. Here are a couple posts from the FAQFAQ section that will give you more information on what to expect from each coil. HH Randy

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,677361,677361#msg-677361

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,496336,496336#msg-496336

Thanks digger for those links....... BT and BarnacleBill had some really good info there that will be a big help for me. I just fully read both links and going to have to re-read them a few times to get it all absorbed..... One thing is for sure is that i have the two coils that are needed. You've helped me out quite a bit since i got started and really appreciate it.
Joe

Joe, sounds like you are in for some serious fun, and you have the right equipment. Watch out for sidewinders -- and the snake variety too.
;)

Thanks Bill for the confidence in the right equipment.... will have one eye peeled for the Sidewinders and the other for the yellow stuff..... between the desert and the Bradshaw mountains it should be a lot of fun........ can't wait.
Joe