Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Nuggets

I tried it last summer just south of Bancroft where a friend of mine has known gold on his property. We did find a few specimens with my ATGOLD. With Iron audio on and no headphones it wouldn't stop grunting with all the pyrites in the rock as well. I want to try and get to a creek in Quebec this fall and try it, there's been some nuggets found there with metal detectors.

HH

Jon

I live in Mariposa, Ca and the ground here is very mineralized, But it has lots of big nuggets here, some running in the 12-13 oz range and I've found many in the 3/4 oz range with a Tesoro Lobo, so I was thinking, the At Gold should work pretty well, also I have lots of summer swimming holes to hunt for rings and things. Grubstake

Hi Grubstake, I used to go to the Redding and Red Bluff area back a few years ago on bottle digs, I would have loved to check out the local mountain stream beds there, maybe some other time. Good luck with the gold finds, the ATG will sniff them out for you.

That's the video I saw last fall, and talked to a few people regarding the area along with checking claims in the area, I thought it had been removed could not find it. Thanks John,

HH

Jon

From my 40 years of hunting gold, with just about every detector made , your right, all metal is the only way to hunt gold nuggets, if your not in all metal, you are missing gold. Grubstake

Those are some awesome nuggets! With your background, I hope you'll post a review if you try out the AT Gold for prospecting.

Well, I guess that would take precedence over another detector. On the other hand, you'll want to be out nugget hunting the day after the operation to pay the medical bills. :rofl:
Hope all goes well and you're back at it soon!

all the best with the op and hope you get out detecting soon, cheers Grub

Jon