Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GOLD on first day out...

JOHNMARKHAM

i took the ATPRO out for the first time this weekend, and after only 15 mins or so i found first gold ring with it,and bunch of clad.i wa just working a school yard,. i was happy, i went out on sunday and did some testing with Etrac and ATPRO to see if all signals were same against each machine and i found them to be exactly same, now my deepth indicator on the ATPRO isnt showing correct depth that i can see, ill still play with this and learn more about it...but i do like this machine, im headed to florida in a few weeks,ill try it out on the beach along with the excal....not a bad machine for under 500.00..

on coins it did well compared to the etrac, but most the coins im pulling are only about surface to 3-4 inches....nothing really deep yet, i was only comparing both machines as to just picking up same targets, i wasnt really looking for a depth difference yet, ill check that out when i hunt an older site out, but for the price of this machine,i like it...i do like the etrac too, i got both machines new at sametime so im still learning them both, on my etrac first day out at a old school yard i pulled a 1919 wheatie from 8-9 inches..im still learning the tones and numbers tho...weathers been really crappy here so ive not had allot of time to hunt..
ill keep you posted tho
hh
john.

John I have found that the depth indicator on the AT isn't all that accurate either... I use it as a break point rather then an accurate depth, if it is past the 4-6" mark and pinpoints small, usually a good target deep. I've had some say 8" and be 10"+ and had some say 8" and only be 5" so I'd just use it as a gauge. The DD coils, especially larger ones are known to give odd depth readings with a lot of machines.