Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold purity by just colour ?

Hi Chris. How are things going.

Here's a few Real Natural small specimen's. Hopefully the pic of the loner specimen comes through really clear and I won't have to resize it and lose some clarity.
As it gives a good indication of gold marrying quartz, it may be helpful for those that that would like to judge a piece.
It was hit in castlemaine by a really great guy named Peter.
I didn't have a small enough piece at the time for XTerra testing, but it ended up being too big for what I needed, so I picked up the other three that carry tiny gold that were hit by a nice guy named Toby near Ballarat.

I really don't know why men would go to all the trouble Steve. You'd think they would be better off spending their time looking for real gold instead. But some guys just can't resist the con....

The last scum suckn' dog that tried that trick was electroless plating copper nuggets bought at the GPAA show here in town. Seems he had a accident or 4 and thought a disappearing act was in order. He disappeared never to be found or heard from again. Maybe he's a vistn' ol Jimmy Hoffa. Keep it real as stupid ol'man such as I was not even thinking of fakes but just tantalizing oro puro. I beg to differ though as a good acid etch job,lucky crack with a hammer or a million other scenarios will produce gold that looks like that. My great ol'bud Irwin Lee RIP of Fisher fame was in his RV on hi way 49 at my claims on Mocassin Creek. The highway had just been worked on and he found a HUGE 20" X about 30 " pure white quartz boulder in the demetris. He smacked,whacked and acid etched over 11 pounds of mother natures glorius gold and some looked just that a way also. We worked the last Western Mining Council Gold show in Jamestown in conjunction with yet another of my righteous ol'time friends Hal Thornbrugh RIP in the Tesoro booth. He had a righteous showcase stuffed fulll a specimens for sale and made a fortune from 1 rock. Wow..... sooo many gone and we are indeed greatly diminished but REAL gold rocks and fakes not!!!John

:) Hoser... ol Lee had quite a nose for gold. I often wonder how Hal and Norma (Gold Field Express) are doing, or are
now detecting with Lee?

Hal and Norma were amongst some of my best friends and also sold a HUGE fortune in my mining machines I produced under the PESCO name. Hal has been RIP for at least 20 years or so+- . Sweet ,loving Norma was decimated(disappeared like smoke) and son took over Goldfield Express to his Fresno, I believe ,detector store. Yes Irwin was indeed a gas to play and party with as that monster RV a his was indeed a royal party palace as his ol'arthritis needed some rhumatize medicine in adminishered doses daily hahahah... I still have many pics and memories but would trade everything I have for a second chance to coveth our RIP oldies but goodies once again--lets add in Robert Sangret,only lawyer I could ever stomach,whose oriental food addiction kilt him in the end, Mac Montenegro RIP as the second to the last greatest Prez the WMC(also RIP) ever had,Lynn Gunn a co-founder & our Prez of the Miners Alliance(also RIP) who proved 3 things--women are smarter than men----always buy good boots --and lastly beautiful smart korean women cannot fly no matter how high the clifff--gota end sorry tooo much--John

Hoser... You are the man... As ol' Woody would say "smarter than two jackrabits." Down ol' memory trail for sure
and sometimes ol' memories sad...