Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Racer on the Beach

berryman

Has anyone used the Gold Racer to search for gold jewelry on the beach? If so, do you have any settings recommendations for that environment?

Aluminum foil hell - every microscopic scrap a good target - just like a Gold Bug 2 and for the same reason - high frequency.

Been there, done that with the GB2

any of those small bits could be a nice gold chain , the question is are we willing to dig the junk to find the chain ?

AJ

Did it with a Goldmaster Vsat back in the day. Really seems like a good idea, but those small bits of jewellery would sink a lot quicker than foil. However, in the right situation, or more so being at the right place at the right time I think one could do really well. At least it is easy digging.

One person's notion of waste of time is different from anothers. Microjewelry and small scraps of foil are nearly impossible to distinguishnfrom each other due to shape, surface area and conductivity. When I Tried with a Whites Goldmaster 3, a Gold Bug 2 the lack of VDI made it too much work for me to go on for long. Adding VDI or tones would not likely help much due to the factors I mentioned.

Also isolating those tinymsignals by pinpointing ot sifting can be time consuming.

The gold to foil ratio where I detected was zero vs thousands. I gave up when my back said to.

There may be some "target rich" environments which justify the effort - beach volleyball courts, for example.

yeah I hear ya, not interested in earrings myself, chains are better value the kick out method sounds good if I cant see it its not there right & no bending :biggrin:

AJ

Gold Rings can be found anywhere humans have walked or been. Most are still in the ground left behind by people who hate digging.

cant argue with that statement aluminium is my friend keeps the gold locked up till i get there to find it, gold racer is oh so close now will be here Monday :clapping:

AJ