Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Racer Scores A Couple Oldies

Bryan V

I wanted to see if the Gold Racer might be able to find something in a small section of an old park
that a friend and I have scoured with a CTX, V3i, and AT Pro to the point we don't get anything out of there anymore..
Sure enough I pulled an 1875 Deutsches Reich Pfennig and a 1897 V Nickel both at about 7".
I didn't cover the whole area so I'm sure there are a couple more wating to be found.
Bryan

I like that ,

Bryan that big coil must get some more depth than the stock !

did the coins ID or just sound? both coins are low conductors ?? sensitivity set at?

just working out if I want to buy the big coil :biggrin:

cheers for the help!!

AJ

amberjack said:
Bryan that big coil must get some more depth than the stock !

did the coins ID or just sound? both coins are low conductors ?? sensitivity set at?

just working out if I want to buy the big coil :biggrin:

cheers for the help!!

AJ

I have not done any depth testing between the coils although I'm sure it punches deeper
than the 10x5.
The nickel at 7" didn't surprise me because it is lower conductor coin but the copper pfennig did.
Both coins were easily heard and had VID.
The nickel was around 60 and the Pfennig was in the upper 70s if I remember correctly..
I was running the sensitivity around 80.
The coil separates surprisingly well for its size.
Park hunting with the Gold Racer is an interesting experience..
It is unbelievably sensitive to very small targets.
If you run the sensitivity to high the amount of signals you will hear becomes overwhelming..
It will detect very very small pieces of wire and foil at surprising depths.
I hunted mostly by ear. Good targets sound good. Trash is ratty and won't usually hold up in both directions..

Sweet Brian i love the Liberty Nickle :thumbup: