Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Ring #3 for this year

BH_Landstar_

It's 9K and read in as a nickel (5:geek:.

Also pulled $16.75 from the same field the ring was in today.

Hmmm ! Can't edit my post above ....

Anyway, the ring came in as a nickel at 58, it was 3" deep in soft dirt.

Used the 11" DD coil today.

Hey BH are you in canada ?

Wow, You got that many quartes.....Or was some dollars too ??

The top row of coins, all quarters, the other one under the ring is all nickels, $2.00 of em :detecting:

Ah ok, Just hard to tell....I was thinking maybe you had a lot of dollar coins or such but thats a very good total....
I just reached $16.85 with 4 hunts...But I'm right on my goal...
Great job!...

JimGilmore said:
Ah ok, Just hard to tell....I was thinking maybe you had a lot of dollar coins or such but thats a very good total....
I just reached $16.85 with 4 hunts...But I'm right on my goal...
Great job!...

2011 Finds so far....
2 1945 P Silver War Nickels
1 1961 Silver Quarter
2 Gold Rings (14K)
1 Gold Ring (9K)
1 Gold Pin / badge (10K)
1 Silver Ring

Clad ... $212.15 (04/24/2011)

Last years clad count ..... $1098.67

How many hunts is that ???
I know I've had decent years but $1000 a year for me has never happened...Though I know some guys whom would hunt 3 or more lakes in a weekend. They always had rings to show on the club meeting...

I've lost count on the number of hunts this year since the snow melted away.

I get in around 2 hours every day after work, and at weekends I'm out 4 - 8 hours each day, but this all depends on the weather too.

The clad total from last year was easy, I was not working then, so had all the time in the world.

Oh, I should add, the finds from last year, all found using Fishers F4 and F5.

I got the Gold Bug Pro in January of this year, so all the finds so far are with that.

Yes sir !! Awsome

Nice ring and clad count I notice you have no pennies there do you ignore pennies? that quarter ratio is off the hook never hunted a spot where the quarters and nickles out number the dimes. I'm thinking that if your ignoring the pennies you might be missing allot of dimes. I cant ignore the pennies as I have had larger gold hit there, some times they drive me nuts but sometimes it pays for my time too!!
Nice hunt

Not been finding the pennies or dimes, not sure as to why. The few pennies I have dug have been the zincs and in poor shape, so I've not been counting them.

Not sure why the dimes are low either. I do know the GBP loves nickels and quarters tho. I thought my F5 was a quarter hog, but this GBP seems to be a hog on both quarters and nickels.

Oh, and I've been digging every solid hit too, you should see the crap that I've dug, from foil to chopped up cans, ring pulls, bottle tops, keys, modern pop buttons, junk jewelry, brass and copper pipes, nuts, screws, nails ..... the list goes on, dug more junk since I've been using the GBP than I have with any other detector !

Digging the does seem to be a necessary evil if you want the jewelery...

as more than simply a Nugget Hunter's or Relic Hunter's dream machine! Keep up the good work, and I wish I could find your kind of quarter-producing sites!

Monte

BH_Landstar --

That is an INCREDIBLE haul of clad. Don't know how you find so many coins. And that ring is REALLY awesome.

If you are digging a few zincs, those should be mid to upper 70s. Copper pennies and dimes are 82-84 ish; not sure why you would not be finding many...dimes sometimes hit not that much lower than quarters for me...

Whatever the case, maybe your machine is just hot on bigger round things (not the little coins), and obviously, its hot on the GOLD!!

NICE job!

Steve

The zinc pennies hit at 71 - 76, some pennies also hit the 77 / 78 mark, the copper pennies hit 81 - 83 and dimes 82 - 84.

I have noticed that when it does see an coin (does not matter what the value of the coin is, ie, dime, nickel, quarter), the Gold Bug Pro that I have sings out loud on them, even at 6" in depth.

The same is true for the gold rings too, they sound like a nickel signal.