Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold ring! Finally!

Itsjustagreat1

I have been detecting some camping areas next to a lake now on and off for a couple of weeks. The beach areas had left me empty handed so I switched to the camping areas. I had been averaging 5-6 dollars in clad each trip but no silver or gold. Well that changed today. My first signal was a 1951 silver dime, then a couple dollars in clad. There are thousands of pieces of mowed cans and melted aluminum and lots of bottle caps, so I don't dig too many low tones unless they sound good. Half way into my hunt I heard a low tone on my at pro that was loud but scratchy. I ended up walking away from it cause all i was digging in that area was pull tabs. I walked by it a few times and finally i just had to dig it because every angle I would go over it it was loud and rang in at a solid 51-52. Boy i am glad I did. It is a 2.61g 14k ring with a possible diamond in it. It passed the acid test also, telling me the stamp must be right. On the inside it is stamped 14k T 103 R. (The T looks to have a circle around it and the R is small with a circle around it like a registered trademark

I applaud you. Lakes and camping sites have so much trash it breaks my heart, haha. I did a hunt on a dried lake bed earlier. It was the place I had swam at as a kid. It would be packed on weekends, and I mean packed. The drought dried it all up. It's 10 dollars to get in and 10 dollars in gas for me to get there and back, so it was going to be a 20 dollar trip, which kept me away for some time. I convinced myself there must be a gold ring there. I forked over the entrance fee and hunted for all I was worth, just digging only low conductors. I dug so, so many pull tabs and bottle caps in just a 50 x 50 square. Oh, I was there for hours and I left with them biting. Just insane how dense the trash was. I did not find a single good thing. Not even a nickel. I didn't get clad because I only dug low conductors. Totally skunked. Since it literally couldn't get any worse I went back to the ocean beaches that have been sanded in all year. What do you know, the next night I found my heaviest ring yet, a 13 gram 18k fat and heavy band that fits me perfectly. I'm not going back to that lake. Congrats on that gold ring, you more than earned it even if the trash was only half as bad as the place I went to...

You should always check those gut feelings. Think of the ones you passed up that you had a feeling about. Great job, WTG. Keep at it there is more.