Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GOLD SCAN 4 INSTABILITY

davexyz

HI
i have just bought a gold scan 4 and on the first outing i have had to keep pushing the reset when detecting near the surf line, almost every other swing the machine is just squealing, just cant seem to get it to run stable, the machine is in great condition having been stored for a long time, could the battery pack be causing it being old nicads
any help would be great
thanks

tested the battery pack and it is giving out a strong 15v so shouldnt have thought it was that so can only summise the auto tune circuit is faulty, could anyone confirm this could be the case.
thanks

Very hard to know without another coil to compare against.
What is like up in the dry sand? Is the "squealing" worse when you sweep parallel to the water line or is it just as bad if you sweep at 90 degrees to the water line? You will pick up more salt signal when you sweep parallel to the salt water....but this depends on the pulse delay setting (or "REJECT" setting on the Goldscan 4 unit).
Eric was the designer of this model and does frequent this forum.
Alternatively you might want to post the same question on Geotech Forum under the "Tech Forum". Eric is very active there.
Good luck,
Tony

GS4 was made by Pulse Technology Ltd and was based on the New Goldscan which I produced under the Pulsepower Developments name. At some point in the production auto tuning was brought in, so the question is, does your have a small switch for auto-tune / manual tune? Additionally there is a push button for manual reset.

Sweeping the coil toward the sea and then away will give a large change in signal due to the greater volume of water that is energised on the seaward going sweep. The auto-tune could be speeded up to counter this.

If the coil was made by me then shielding should not cause a problem. Some coils I have seen on Goldscans for sale have been made by others, so I can't vouch for them.

Eric.

it has an auto/hold switch and a re tune button, it will sweep and all of a sudden the threshold will constantly rise to a high pitch to signal level, usually every 2 or 3 sweeps even when just on wet sand or by the surf line, to use it you have to constantly keep pressing the re tune button, it does have the original coil and is in pretty good shape cosmetically.
it is quite annoying as i have just bought it off ebay and was quite a lot of money, i have used pulse machines in the past and many other machines over the past 24 yrs
if it is something that could be fixed simply it would be great as returning it would not only be counter productive but heartbreaking to me as i have wanted one for many, many years and live in an area where it could be used to its full potential.
all help and suggestions will be gratefully recieved
thanks

what would the symptoms of a slow auto tune be and how would i go about sorting it out , is there an adjustment , the high pitch does even off after a few seconds most of the time if left but then does it again quite quickly

Help me fot connect switch, coil, varibel resistor, and speker?
I dont know to connet form this code.
Im newbe, buat i think, i can finishing this projet, plis help me

this is an jumper, a resistor with zero Ohms. yes, they are in same enclosure like SMD resistor.