Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Screamer Power Pack Question

grover868

I just bought a GPX-5000 and have some questions on the Gold Screamer. For those that are using it, do you find the machine runs smoother because the big curly power cord has been eliminated? There is some speculation that the curly cord was the cause of some EMI. Are you finding this too? The external speaker...any comments on buying one?

I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions once I receive it.

Thank you Mr.Bill for getting this forum off the ground. Chris

People say that the battery line is a source of EMI but I haven't found that to be the case. I have been using a 5000 for over a year and I can make it purr like a kitten.

I think a lot of people think they are getting EMI when, intact, the machine is not setup properly. Lee is better when it comes to setting the GPX up.

I've communicated with Chris G. and Rob Allison on this subject. From what I gather from them and others using the kit...yes it does eliminate a lot of EMI problems. Setting it up is one thing and if anybody knows how to set one up correctly it is these fellas. They sell them everyday, use them, done the DVD on them, and teach similar classes on them. So when they are saying it is one of the best after market things to get...well when I had my GPX it was the next thing I was going to get for it if I were to have been able to keep it.

Thank you IDig & Daniel for your responses. I ordered the pack yesterday after doing some research on the gold prospecting forums, and talking to a few "prospecting Minelab dealers."

I got the GSPP last weekend and after 2 trips out must say it performs as well as the stock battery/harness setup. Really don't see any improvement with the EMI, but not any worse either. Nice thing is you want a break, just set it down and take off the headset - no more dealing with the harness. As far as the bungee cord goes, I don't miss it. With this setup if my regular arm gets tired, I just switch it over to my other hand and keep swinging. Really can't do that with the harness without unplugging the connections and switching the battery around to feed from the other side to avoid cable crossover. In the time it would take to do that your arm should be rested anyway. Battery life as advertised is not as long as the stock battery, but you get 2 so thats enough for a full days hunt. The batteries are Sony camcorder batteries and you can purchase them off the internet for a little less than what they are sold for in the kit, and you can also use higher capacity batteries for a longer charge.

Just my thoughts after 2 outings, but I'm lovin' this thing.

My friend phoned me tonight and just now got his GSPP and said there is no 110 volt wall plug charger, only a 12 volt car lighter plug. Did every one else get the same.??

Mine came with both. It should have been included. At the last DIV mine came apart when I was unplugging it from the wall. I happened to have a spare battery charger for the batteries (its for Sony Handycam batteries but the specs were the same) I used it. I got my GSPP from Don Dodson. I gave him the charger that came apart and he sent me a new one.

I must say if there is a weakness in the GSPP system it's the wall charger. Seems to be really cheap.

I love the Gold Screamer kit, but never noticed any problems before or since using it.

The unit came without any instructions to tell you how to set the amp in conjunction with other audio settings. Do you turn your headphones to max, then adjust the amp to give you the sound level you need, or vice versa? Does the amp setting have any impact on depth, i.e., if you have it turned down low for stability are you losing depth? Someone also told me that the threshold knob becomes inoperative when using the GSPP. Anyone have that problem? I would appreciate any and all comments on how to successfully utilize the GSPP with the 5000. Thanks for your help ..... Bill