Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold...sell or hold ?????

The trend seems to be going towards cashless…😬
I do not believe this nation will see that for some time. Enough of the citizens do not want the government noses knowing what they spend and where they spend it. It is none of their business. All they want out of it is more control over your lives.

I do not believe this nation will see that for some time. Enough of the citizens do not want the government noses knowing what they spend and where they spend it. It is none of their business. All they want out of it is more control over your lives.
Maybe, but I feel it is already happening in many cases… most young people now do not even carry cash anymore…. They prefer plastic..
But I do agree with you in the fact that many do not want it known how they spend their money…. However, many expose their lives on social media!!!

Maybe, but I feel it is already happening in many cases… most young people now do not even carry cash anymore…. They prefer plastic..
But I do agree with you in the fact that many do not want it known how they spend their money…. However, many expose their lives on social media!!!
There is a huge difference between people choosing to go cashless on their own and choosing how to do so; and the government mandating it and controlling the mechanisms. Both will reduce the coins dropped for us to find with metal detectors. The former is one of personal choice, the latter is tyranny.
I still write my representatives from time to time to encourage getting rid of the penny and replacing dollar bills with a dollar coin ... with inflation as it is, next time I'll include $5. ;-)

There is a huge difference between people choosing to go cashless on their own and choosing how to do so; and the government mandating it and controlling the mechanisms. Both will reduce the coins dropped for us to find with metal detectors. The former is one of personal choice, the latter is tyranny.
I still write my representatives from time to time to encourage getting rid of the penny and replacing dollar bills with a dollar coin ... with inflation as it is, next time I'll include $5. ;-)
I agree with you, but what I am getting at is the folks not dealing with cash is driving things to go that way.
In many ways now, cash is no longer accepted.
I was one of the last few holdouts of refusing to get direct deposit, but finally was forced to some years before I retired.
And you are right… either is going to result in less coins in the ground for us.
I have been seeing a decline even since I started detecting in 2006.
I like your idea if doing away with the $1 bill too..and stop mintage of the penny.

Reactions: tvr
I agree with you, but what I am getting at is the folks not dealing with cash is driving things to go that way.
In many ways now, cash is no longer accepted.
I was one of the last few holdouts of refusing to get direct deposit, but finally was forced to some years before I retired.
And you are right… either is going to result in less coins in the ground for us.
I have been seeing a decline even since I started detecting in 2006.
I like your idea if doing away with the $1 bill too..and stop mintage of the penny.
Something that was a little surprising when we moved to South Carolina from Maryland is how many businesses charge 3 to 3.5% more to use a credit card rather than paying in cash. Saw almost none of that in Maryland. It makes sense because of the fees charged to businesses for processing credit cards.

Something that was a little surprising when we moved to South Carolina from Maryland is how many businesses charge 3 to 3.5% more to use a credit card rather than paying in cash. Saw almost none of that in Maryland. It makes sense because of the fees charged to businesses for processing credit cards.
Yep… I have heard of that too in my State.. Virginia.
First started seeing it at gas stations.. now restaurants are doing it too.
Only good point is that some card companies offer cash back.

Reactions: tvr
In 20+ years of beach detecting, I never sold any gold. Always said it was for my retirement days. Those day are here but I still dont really need the money.
Other investments worked out well.. Thank you **ple !!! I always said Id sell when it hit and could hold 2K. Now its at 2400 !!! Im thinking I should wait a bit longer.

So what ya think. Maybe sell off some, now ???

HH
Donna(NJ)
I'd never

We spoke before Donna. I have converted all mine to 1 ounce gold bars. Now at least you can move them quickly and you still have your beach gold...kinda, Bob