Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold, silver, & clad over Thanksgiving Holdiay

larbear

I took the whole week off from work for Thanksgiving holiday. Got out for six hunts and found $41.19 in clad. Also found a '64 GW quarter, a 925 chain, a small 925 ring and a white gold 14K ARTCARVED ring !

The 14K ring was found at a high school football field along the sidelines. It gave me a good nickel signal on the F70, 31-32. It was only 2 inches down and when I first saw it, I thought silver ring. But then I remembered it was a nickel signal, so cleaned off the inside of the band until I saw the 14K mark.

The '64 GW was found at another high school football field, not on the sideline but on the playing field. Down about 3 inches, gave me a nice quarter signal, 84-85.

925 chain was found at a middle school sports field, was on top of the grass, stretched out and hidden from sight. I would not have found it without the detector. It also gave me a nickel signal on the F70. Clasp is broken, but otherwise in good shape.

Small 925 ring was found at a tot lot, in a large grassy area. If I remember right, it gave me a 77-78 signal, fairly shallow.

I used the AT Pro for 2 hunts when it was raining, but the gold and silver was found with the F70. The Pro is a good machine, but the F70 is lighter and better balanced. I have some elbow and wrist issues going on right now, so the F70 is more comfortable to use.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and good luck on your hunts!

Some nice little trophies to go along with your Thanksgiving turkey. Good finds and hunting. HH jim tn

jim tn said:
Some nice little trophies to go along with your Thanksgiving turkey. Good finds and hunting. HH jim tn
Thanks jim tn, happy hunting to you too! I know a lot of people could care less about finding clad, but it adds up over time. I am thinking about using my clad found money to buy a new coil for the Pro, thinking of the 5x8 or the Sharpshooter. Would you recommend one over the other? My soil here is heavy mineralization, ground grab is usually low 80's to low 90's.

Thanx, Larbear

These finds sure made your holiday worthwhile. That would be a perfect end to a detecting season for me.

Very nice jewelry finds ! Thanks for the detailed report. Were you using the stock concentric ?

dfmike said:
These finds sure made your holiday worthwhile. That would be a perfect end to a detecting season for me.

Very nice jewelry finds ! Thanks for the detailed report. Were you using the stock concentric ?
Hi dfmike, I was using the 11'dd. disc5, sens51, thresh 0, 4H tones, de. Good luck on your hunts.

Larbear, I use the Nel Sharpshooter on my Pro. Its a good bit deeper then the 5 x 8 I once had. And yeah, clad most certainly adds up. HH jim tn

Congrats on the good jewelry finds. Not a bad count on the battery money either! :clap:

HH
Mike

Awesome hunt, silver really excites, you did fantastic.......:hot: