Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold & Silver the same day in Germany w/ X-Terra 705

gmccool

I just recently moved to Germany and have little success finding anything old or interesting in the past two months! This week my drought ended with the finding of my first silver coin. It is a 1744 silver 2 Kreutser coin that is about the same size of a dime but a little thinner. I also found a nice 14k ring with a 585 stamp dated 1961 that weighs 4.92 grams. Not a bad way to finish the week. The weather has been great over here the past few weeks just right for hunting when the farmers have removed the crops from their fields for the winter. I am interested in some Roman sites and I do a lot of field walking looking for interesting sites. I love my XTerra 705 and use both the standard 9 inch 7.5 khz coil and the 10 inch 18.75 khz DD that came with the detector. I also have the 9 inch 3khz coil but I have used it only a few times and haven't formed an opinion about it yet!

If anyone used the 8.5" x 12.5" Hunter Coil I would be very interested in hearing what you have to say about it. I like the idea of having a larger waterproof coil that can cover a larger area but I am worried that I would possibly loose some small silver or gold items.

Happy Hunting
Greg

Great way to start over there Greg! :clapping: That Kreutser is a fantastic little find, and gold is always good to see.

As far as the Hunter coil goes,,,,we don't talk about those here, because they are an illegally produced coil.
If you are seeking a large waterproof coil, I would suggest that you look into one of the Coiltek 15" All-Terrain coils. They are available in all three frequencies, are a DD configuration, are completely waterproof, work execeptionally well, and are authorized by MineLab.

You should give the 9" 3kHz coil a fair shot. As long as you're not at a trashy sight where separation is important, or in soil that has high iron content, you'll find it to bean excellent deep copper & silver seeker.

That is one old coin. Congratulations on the very good finds.

tumerick,ly great finds

Thank you all and I just got out again on Sunday without any luck finding any coins! I did find a nice Bronze Roman strap end and a Bronze button. I will be going out again tomorrow afternoon before it gets too dark. There aren't too many days of hunting left and I have to get out in the fresh air as much as I can.
Old Longhair thanks for your input and I will give the 9 inch 3KHz coil a shot. I have only used it a few times and didn't really notice any difference in the performance. Several people have suggested that I get one of the 10.5 inch DD coils and give it a shot. Now I have to figure out what frequency to use as I like going after the smaller coins?

Thanks again everyone,
Greg