Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold so close the last 3 hunts

zeekeys

The glint of gold has appeared in the last 3 hunts but always carrying with it the frustration of it can not be this time. The first hunt a gold plated ring. As I cleaned it the gold rubbed off. It had 14kt hge on it. Second hunt it looked like a small thin gold chain but not to be. Gold wrapping string. The third a gold erring. JCM 925 gold over sterling. I did get 2 wheats out of the 98 coins. Thanks for looking and Happy Trails......Z

You are digging good Z, there is going to be a piece of gold come out of the ground on one of your hunts. Lots of coins, good hunt. HH jim tn

Nice work again there Zeek! :clapping: Didja ever get that longer screwdriver? Are you hunting a new area? Thats a lot of coins you are pulling. :thumbup: On the drive home yesterday I thought I saw a silver chain laying on the side of the road..I pulled over and walked back to find out it was one of those shiny balloon strings!...:sadwalk: Boy this is one tough year for no gold yet..:rant:.
Mud

Brian I don't do tabs if I can help it. I run the F70 tight for coins only. If a 35 comes up I pass on it. Usually 33-35 is not a nickle for me, only when it is on top of the ground will it be that high. And then I use my cane to move the grass around to spot the nickle. Almost all of my silver and gold found are coin numbers. I am a coin hunter and just enjoy the heck out of digging pennies and other coins.
Jim I like lots of coins the more the merrier. When I come home and count up the coins past one hundred, its like I won the lottery. Good feeling...
Still looking 52 I think you are right about the silver/gold and wheats being together. By the way most of my coins come from the 1-3" range in the ground. That is why I like the small coils and running the sens@50-60. Look at the quarters, dimes, nickles all being masked by pennies that I find. I am so glad that many guys don't like to dig pennies.
Jack I haven't seen you around since the XLT days. Hope all is well with you? Yes I dig a lot of mostly pennies and so many things fall into that little corner of the 60's on the F70. I get many surprises from a penny signal that isn't a penny.
Mud the 9" screwdriver just doesn't have the same information sent to the digger that the 6" driver does. You get better leverage and that is about all. Went back to the 6" in 2 days of trying the bigger 9". I have discovered a different why to hunt and it is working out as you can see by the coins the last three hunts. It was a surprise in many ways... thanks guys for replies.....Z

Hey Zeekeys: Yes I am still around. At 82 still trying to find more gold rings. Sold my F70. Regretted it ever since......Jack