Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold with the Pro this morning :super:

pulltabMiner

46 Target ID. 3 inches deep. 14K. Second gold ring with the AT Pro in two weeks. AT Pro running wide open in Pro Mode with sensitivity down to 4 bars because of all the iron at the site. 5x8DD coil. I love my Pro!
[attachment 234331 At-gold.JPG]

Congrats on the gold ring! I gotta get Marsha out with her new at pro. I want to see how it performs.

n/t

Nice Ring!

HH
Mike

dalewestaby said:
WHat did you 1st gold ring, ring up as?

The ring I found in May was a 10K gold class ring. It bounced from the high 60's into the low 70's. The spot where I found these two rings has bits of rusted iron on the surface and under the surface and this makes all VDI's jumpy. At this spot I hunt mainly by ear but I do look at the VDI's just to learn.

I am actually making a magnet net to drag around to try to remove some of the iron. I believe a LOT of stuff is being masked at this location!

Nice catch, pulltabMiner! I hear you re: magnetic net - I've been shopping for a magnetic rake, just haven't quite made up my mind - leaning toward the kind that attaches to a regular metal leaf rake, as it would help loosen the iron just below the surface (Magna Rake, I think)....

Hmmm...46...that is lower than I would have expected, but I have heard this before...You gotta dig anything from 40 on up to find the gold...lots of junk diggin (the Iron audio helps with this though)...
I have even heard of some thin gold chains coming in in the upper 30s...
Very nice gold!

HH,

Congratulations I imagine you don't want to declare the exact spot but I would like to know what kind of spot it is? Baseball field? Playground?

Howard Snell said:
Congratulations I imagine you don't want to declare the exact spot but I would like to know what kind of spot it is? Baseball field? Playground?

Howard,

The site is actually near a park but it is not part of the park itself. This is one of those places that became popular with people to hang out and drink. It dates back to the late 1800's but it really became a popular hang out in the 20's.

It remained very popular up until the late 70's. Changes to the area, I think, made the spot more open and thus less inviting to the partiers of the day. It was and remains a semi-virgin site. I met a hunter the other day who lives across the spot and he told me he has found silver coins there too. He left me the gold though :detecting:

Nowadays, the site is still used by walkers and bikers but no really to hang out and party anymore.