Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Goldbug 2 repairs

undersc0re

I was just wondering if anyone has some sort of instructions on removing the circuit board from the goldbug 2 box, It is the gold bug 2 with gold metal shaft and says gold bug 2 on the side, I am thinking I need to resolder or check the pot to circuit board solder joints on the threshhold adjustment knob...I would just remove everything trying to take it apart but I figured maybe someone on here has done it and has some sort of disassembly instructions I could use! I also have to replace the speaker which is not working. Thanks! I guess if no one has anything I could post something that would help later, if I don't destroy anything lol.

On my original GB, remove the large nut holding the coil connector and the entire guts with face plate should pop out the front by pushing in on the connector.
-Ed

That worked great, thanks, new speaker works great now too. Had to pry the speaker cover off to replace that! Now if I can just figure out why my 6 inch coil I just bought off ebay goes off on every little hole and dip in the ground and almost anything else lol, maybe its just a wee bit sensitive, gonna switch back to the 10 inch and rule out the "new" coil.

Thanks for the tip!