Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GOLDBUG DP with 9.8 Volt Litium battery?

sultan

Dear experts
I want work my GOLDBUG DP with LITHIUM batterys instead of normal alcalines. They have a VOLTAGE of around 9.8 Volt. My question is: Does this higher voltage can damage the electronics ?
Thanks a lot for your answers!
Christian

I used them, or tried to use them, in several different detector models that use the typical 9V battery, such as most Tesoro's, White's Prism and Coinmasters, Teknetics Omega, Delta and G2. The results were interesting.

I almost always rely on a quality alkaline battery. I had two concerns with the Lithium Ion batteries. One was that I usually got a little less run-time with them than I did with a few different alkaline brands. The biggest problem I had with them is that their physical package size was just a tiny bit larger than a carbon-zine, heavy-duty or alkaline battery and the result was that they either didn't fit easily in the battery space, or, they were quite snug, if they did get pushed in, and were difficult to remove.

My opinion is that until a better size and operating Lithium battery comes along, I'll stick with what works. Quality alkaline batteries.

Monte

Thanks for the advice Monte

Dear Monte, dear chakra22
I run my GOLDBUG with ULTRALIFE LITHIUM BATTERYS for a while and my experiencies are very good! The battery fitts perfectly, it is only a little, very little bit longer than a normal ALKALINE battery. But it lasts much longer than any alkaline battery! I have tried a new ENERGIZER alkaline first and i had to replace it after about 25 hours. From then I used the ULTRALIFE (an American product, not chinese....) and the first battery lasts now for more than 40 hours and there are two third of the battery display left. So I expect at least 60 hours working time with this LITHIUM. I was able to get 10 of these batteries for a cheap price at EBAY in Germany and i must say it was worth to buy them, cause for me it is important to leave as little electronic litter as possible. When i have used this batteries I will buy lithium rechargeables if they have become cheaper than they are now.
Greetings from Switzerland
Christian

Hi Christian. I am using Lithiums on my GB DP. No problems so far. The use of lithium batteries is one of my "machine upgrades". The packaging says the batteries will make any toy run longer. :jump: